1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Black Falcon

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by gyrostatic, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrostatic

gyrostatic Member

Just acquired this lovely lady today. She's estate, but one bowl looks like it had been smoked maybe once, the other has seen maybe 3-4 bowls tops. I hear the black Falcons are hard to come by, so when I saw this one I snatched it up in a hurry.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hopefully my other package will be in on Thursday, I'm expecting two more pipes (and I'm running low on McB Navy Flake!) Hopefully more pictures to share before the weekend.

2. jmiket91

jmiket91 Member

Nice score! I think a carbon fiber bowl would look good on that...

3. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

The truly black stemmed ones are indeed very hard to come by - particularly nowadays in the UK - only the dark reddish brown "Extra" is still being made. You also have a couple of nice bowls. Difficult to tell from the photo but that looks like you've got a couple of the Hunter bowls - they start off blonde and go that rather nice shade of orange over time with use - the set I got for my birthday back in April are now approaching that colour.

Only thing that puzzles me, and again it might be the light in the pic only, - is the centre tube silver? If so have never ever seen that model before.

Enjoy in good health for many years,

Gerry

4. gyrostatic

gyrostatic Member

Yes, the center tube is silver, similar to the standard Falcons. I honestly don't know anything about the pipe (other than that it weighs next to nothing and smokes like a dream) but it happened to catch my eye while I was browsing a website, and I figured I'd give it a shot.

jmiket91: Wow, I think you're right about the carbon fiber bowl. I hadn't seen those before, but Google turns up a few that I think would look right at home on this pipe. Thanks for the input!
    :cheers:

5. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Except for ruggedness that's about all there is to know about Falcons. I like the black one - never saw that before. +1 on a black bowl. There is the Falconeer black shoe-polish patina method as well.

6. telltime

telltime Active Member

Well, I bet I know where you got this... I saw it back in December on Walker Briar Works and almost bit... but decided to wait. My mistake. I went to get it the first of February and saw it gone. Even wrote Dave to see if I was just missing it, but he wrote me back and said it had sold.

Congrats. and enjoy it. I'll get one, eventually. But I want the black. I like that color combo the best (personal preference), and I think a cob bowl would look great on it when tasgunsmith churns 'em out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.