• Unique, Original Reviews Only

Please do not post reviews from other websites. Reviews found posted on other sites will be deleted.

Blind Review Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3M0

Wow, very interesting review sir and sorry it's taken me all day to respond- I'm in the process of moving and the days just slip away.

N3MO's Sample #5 is Esoterica Penzance (2006)
No worries man, completely understand. Moving sucks btw LOL.

Well color me embarrassed. I've smoke Penzance several times, and for some reason this tasted totally different to me. I'm going with the fact that it's because it's 6 years old. ;)

Can't wait to find out what #6 and the Bonus have in store!

Sample #6: a wild guess would be Dan's Black Velvet

Appearance: a quite dark lightly aromatic blend consisting of dark brown & black ribbons with some irregular pieces and the occasional bright bit.

Bag note: a very light sweet creamy scent, maybe a hint of chocolate?

Charing light: Lights relatively easily, sweet & creamy on the light up with a thick and smoky body, seems familiar but not sure if I have had it before.

First Third: mildly sweet flavor with mostly a smoky taste, very thick smoke, very slight mouth burn, a very smooth smoke with plenty of body.

Second third: not much change here, slight casing taste on the tongue, artificial but not unpleasant, no nose burn when snorked but no sweetness there either just thick smokiness.

Final Third: flavor staying pretty consistent with a hint of of sweetness and heavy smokiness, I wish were better at describing things.

Conclusion: I think this would be a good one for a Latakia lover looking for something with a sweet side, smooth and mellow, with a thick body.

Final Verdict: I liked it's slight sweetness with no bitter side, and the thick smokiness was good.

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Frog Morton kept popping in to my head on this one, but I thought it was just my imagination, I sure suck at the guessing game :ohyh:, thanks the for the samples Mike, it was fun be I'm glad it's over ;).
You did an awesome job Briar- I would rank the guessing as the least important part. At least I hope so because I utterly failed when I did the Blind Review ;-)

MikeInMaine

Passes for human
Great reviews Briarboy, sorry my replies were so clipped and short. My gal was home and she gets pi$$ed if I spend more time on PSF than I do with her. So I had to sneak a peak once in a while and get quick replies in.
But the pictures were a great addition to the reviews and I hope others do the same so we can see what they are smoking.

N3M0

I get an incense thing from good orientals that borders on floral sometime too, I'm going to fire up a bowl of this now, although mine is not quite as old.
Ok, good then it's not just me LOL. I wonder if the age it has on it does anything to the orientals?

N3M0

Penzance is very good "new," and even better aged. I learned that from jpberg- so you know it's true.
Too bad it only comes around once every so often. I need to get a pound of this stuff next time it's available.

Thanks for sending lots of great stuff, i've thoroughly enjoyed everything you sent, even Raisin Nasal Explosion HAHA.

Going to try to finish up this afternoon/evening with the remaining 2 samples.

I concur 1000% with what Spill said, it's definitely the non Aro guy's Aro blend. As I said in my review, I only don't like aro's because they let me down. They smell great, usually have a pleasant room note, but don't taste anything like they smell, and generally start to taste quite raunchy towards the end of the bowl.

Chick Magnet (which I may even have to add in to my rotation now...thanks Spill >.> LOL) definitely DOES NOT disappoint. It tastes quite similar to how it smells, has one of the best room notes I've ever noticed, and the flavor stays with it. On top of the great aro/casing flavor, you also get a very clean, natural tobacco taste.
you guys are making me want to try this....hmmmm:snork:

Great reviews Briarboy, sorry my replies were so clipped and short. My gal was home and she gets pi$$ed if I spend more time on PSF than I do with her. So I had to sneak a peak once in a while and get quick replies in.
But the pictures were a great addition to the reviews and I hope others do the same so we can see what they are smoking.
must be a maine girl thing...i have a hard enough time sneaking to the deck to get in a pipe...then i come in and hit up PSF, usually doesnt go over well....

Status
Not open for further replies.