• Unique, Original Reviews Only

Please do not post reviews from other websites. Reviews found posted on other sites will be deleted.

Blind Review Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

michiganlover

So I smoked the first bowl of sample #3.

It seems to be primarily a sweet Virginia, with a small amount of Latakia lurking in the background, which I occasionally pick up on.

I smoked it after eating breakfast, and while enjoying a Killian's Irish Red beer. Still got hit by the nicotine content at about 3/4 of the bowl, and started to get a case of nicotine sweats. lol. :puffy:

Overall this is a delicious tobacco!!

michiganlover

You were right on about sweet VA...that's one of the things I love about this blend!

#3 is none other than our own 2012 PTOY Blend - Cornell & Diehl Kicken' Chicken
I would have never guessed that, as I am unfamiliar with Kickin Chicken. I am also unfamiliar with Perique, so I didn't detect it in this blend since I didn't know what it tasted like. :byg:

michiganlover

Smoked the first bowl of sample #1, and I am not really sure what to make of it. All I really taste is Latakia, and little else. Although the Latakia is not as strong as in other Latakia forward blends such as Dunhill Standard Mixture, Sutliff Blend No. 5, or Dunhill My Mixture 965.

I am going to smoke a second bowl tomorrow, just to see if I can make out any subtle flavors I may have missed the first time around.

michiganlover

Smoking Sample #2 today in my MM Legend corn cob pipe.

This tastes very much like something I have smoked before. Seems to be a primarily burley based blend. In the bag it has a rum like aroma (to my nose anyway). Has an underlying flavor similar to many OTC burley based blends, but the casing/ top note is different.

michiganlover

Tonight I am smoking Sample #5 in my MM Legend Corn Cob Pipe.

I am smoking Sample #5, as Samples #4, #6, and #7 are all flake tobaccos, and I want to smoke them in succession.

Sample #5 is most certainly a burley based blend, and I am nearly 100% certain it is Half and Half. I am pretty certain of this, as I smoked pretty much nothing but Half and Half during my two week long Christmas Vacation in Alabama. There is a slight chance it could be SWR, or Kentucky Club Mild; if it's not Half and Half I will be very very surprised!!!

michiganlover

Wow! You're doing very well...but it isn't Half and Half. It is half Burley and half Virginia though, you were right about that. I guess you could call this one a more expensive version of the classic VA/burley.

Sample #5 is Esoterica's Tillbury.
I am totally surprised as to how much it tastes like Half and Half. lol.

I am going to savor the rest of the bowl, to see if I can pick up on the differences between the two blends. :)

joequo

Hey everyone! Sorry if I missed any kind of rules for this thread, but basically I would like to send 5 or 6 of my favorite tobaccos to a couple forum members to ponder and post about in this thread. Simply let me know if any of you out there are interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.