• Unique, Original Reviews Only

Please do not post reviews from other websites. Reviews found posted on other sites will be deleted.

Blind Review Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

michiganlover

Smoking Sample #6 today, in my vintage MM Corn Cob Pipe.

This is a delicious tobacco, but I am having difficulty ascertaining what the toppings are, or what the underlying tobaccos are.

I don't detect any Latakia (which I enjoy in small dosages), but can't really make out the blend components. So far I have smoked about a half a bowl.

michiganlover

Today I smoked Sample #4, which presents itself as a dark colored flake, with some bloom on it.

I smoked it in my Dr. Grabow Grand Duke.

Sample #4 is a Latakia forward blend, with the taste of Latakia being predominant. For my pallet, this has too much Latakia. I don't mind Latakia when it is a condiment tobacco, but don't enjoy it as much when it is the predominant flavor of the blend.

michiganlover

I've smoked two bowls of Sample #7.

Mostly I am tasting Virginia, but I don't believe this tobacco is just pure Virginia. The taste of the Virginia is slightly subdued compared to other Virginia only blends I have smoked. There seems to be something else besides the Virginia.

My guess, is this tobacco is Stonehaven. :byg:

dbt13

Well done all around! This one is a subdued VA....it came from a tin that was nearly ten years old so it seems to have mellowed a little with age. I love this one because its just smooth and simple pure VA.

Sample #7 is Butera's Royal Vintage Golden Cake.

michiganlover

Well done all around!
Thanks for the opportunity!!

Without a preconceived notion of what a blend is comprised of/ supposed to taste like, it forced me to slow down, and really enjoy each tobacco. This has been a great experience!!

Here are my seven samples (all revealed):

Sample #1: Esoterica And So To Bed
Sample #2: Cornell & Diehl's Pennington Gap
Sample #3: Cornell & Diehl Kicken' Chicken
Sample #4: Esoterica Penzance
Sample #5: Esoterica's Tillbury
Sample #6: Condor Ready Rubbed
Sample #7: Butera's Royal Vintage Golden Cake

Status
Not open for further replies.