Bombay Extra???

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by MacNutz, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Is anyone familiar with Bombay Extra? I'm intrigued by the name and the descriptions on tobaccoreviews.com. I plan to order some, from 4noggins in the coming month, but would be very interested in your take if you have smoked it.

2. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

It's a good middle of the road blend. Far from stout in either nicotine or taste, but it's a chewy, smoky blend that I always seem to have around.

3. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

jpberg just covered my take on it. :)

4. jgstudios

jgstudios Member

While I've never tried that one, anytime I find a toby with a name like that, I am always attracted to it. It makes me feel kind of "Indiana Jonesey" like. I imagine that it takes me to a different world. The old world when times were more simple and adventure was about exploration and knowledge, distant lands and old maps rather than the X-treme things that all the young-uns are attracted to these days. It reminds me of the old adventure movies I watched as a kid, and smoking was a romantic past time rather than being shunned like it is now-a-days.

MacNutz likes this.
  5. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Buy it, like it and keep it

Or

Buy it, hate it and trade it on PSF.

Ya can't lose!

Capt likes this.
  6. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

Now I have a legitimate reason to justify my enthusiastic consumption of Bombay Sapphire. I may have to acquire some of this Bombay Extra and have my own little Indy Jones adventure. Where can I get the hat?.....:dkn:

Kiowapipe and jpberg like this.
  7. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I got the hat. Got a couple of the appropriate hats for such adventures.

8. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Nice to hear a little bit about this blend. I've got an unopened 100g tin in the cellar waiting for my curiosity to get the better of me.

9. UberHuberMan

UberHuberMan Member

This stuff is awful. The rich and buttery quality, the chewy smoke, the light spice and campfire notes complimented with an overall subtle sweetness, depth, and complexity will ruin your palate. If you buy any, just send it to me and spare yourself the misery. :puffy:

HCraven likes this.
  10. UberHuberMan

UberHuberMan Member

Honestly, though, this is my favorite English. I've got about 2.5 lbs in my cellar in 2 oz tins, all of which are from 2005. I'm always looking for more 2005 Bombay Extra tins, so if anyone spots some or has some I'm always willing to negotiate a trade. :beck:

11. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Was smoking both Bombays (Court & Extra) and recall Extra to be the preferred smoke then of the two. Who knows what the next smokes yield. Go for it, you don't like it, jar it for later or trade it.

Ed
    Puff

12. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I shall order this and I expect to like it. Not likely to be traded or passed on. English blends have been kind to me. I shall put it in the Pete and pretend it is the stuff smoked by mid 19th century British colonials whilst lounging about the hill top stations, hiding from the heat and mosquitoes below.

Kiowapipe likes this.
  13. dbwittkopf

dbwittkopf Member

I would be glad to relieve you of some of that burden

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.