Boswell

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by genuine, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genuine

genuine Member

Looking to see who's had some experience with a few of their tobaccos.

I've been watching a few youtube video's from the pipe community there and it seems like a few of their aromatics are quite wonderful. The ones that have me intrigued are the No Bite Delight and possibly their northwoods.

Any other fan's of their blends?

2. SBritton

SBritton Member

Funny that you ask.

Tobacco Quality: 10

I have tried just about everything they have to offer and every one of their tobaccos, aros included have been top notch and fresh. I am not a fan of a few, I think this is more linked to personal taste.

Accuracy: 10

They have never shorted me, always a little on the heftier side actually. I order 2oz and end up with 3.5oz.

Kindness: 8

They can be a little straight depending on who you are talking to, but very kind and to the point. They will store your credit card if you want and will ship it wherever you need it to be once they get to know you.

Speed: 10

Get your order in early and they ship same day.

I suggest you try Northwoods. It is an amazing blend, it smokes and taste like a walnut campfire in my opinion.

Just call and tell them Britton sent ya.

3. phinz

phinz Active Member

I'm a big fan of their Magnum, Christmas Cookie and Best. Their Magnum is a regular smoke for me.

4. blackpipe

blackpipe Member

havent tried them but I orderded o Bunch they should be arriving soon, I orderes 2 oz of chritmas cookie,chocolate cream,apple strudel,peaches and cream,northwood,bear blend,sweet tea and rasberry cream

I ordered them because they have great reviews

5. 51flgoose

51flgoose Member

I found the Northwoods to be an excellent blend also. It has some black cavendish-but that just seems to soften the smoke - I would still call it an English - very pleasant.

6. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Yup, northwoods is a very tasty smoke!

7. WarmGlow

WarmGlow Member

I've had nothing but great dealings with JM Boswell. I use to love No Bite Delite and Bear Blend when I was into aromatics. But since I'm an English/Balkan guy now I can't get enough of their Mild English. I also like Magnum Blend.

8. genuine

genuine Member

Good to hear all the positive reviews! I'm super happy now.

I tried "Tobacco Galleria's" fox and hound "english" blend...that stuff...maybe I'm not used to an english...tasted very..musky and kind of reminded me of moth balls.

Can't wait to order some northwoods, no bite and possibly one other when I make the decision.

9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Member

Some people just love it,and I dont mean to offend those people,but fox & hound is the most awful tasting tobacco that I have tasted ever since I picked up the pipe. :012:

10. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

You may also want to consider Pennsylvania Dutch Treat, a nice light aromatic with a satisfying amount of nicotine. It tastes like fruit, with berry being predominant, but it's not perfumey at all. The room note is nice too.

The folks at Boswell's are always a pleasure to deal with. I only wish I had the means to order from them more often.

Bri2k

11. genuine

genuine Member

I figured that it was that fox and hound was not too great to begin with or that I just didn't like it. Would anyone have any boswell tobacco's that they'd like to part with? Possibly trade?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.