Brigham King Street?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Labman, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Labman

Labman Member

As some of you may or may not have seen, I was lucky enough to snag a Brigham three dot in Robert Leslie's pipe a day sale.

Well, I was thinking, what better way to break in my new Brigham than with some Brigham baccy. Now, I have it on good authority that Brigham's "King Street" blend is some mighty tasty baccy...and I was wondering where one might acquire some if one were in the market to buy said tobacco? :D

Looking forward to your responses! Oh, and if there are other Brigham blends that you think would make a better break-in baccy, by all means let me know.

2. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

I gave away my stash, but my local ottawa shop has a ton. The ottawa cigar emporium. You can contact him maybe he can ship you some tins

Labman likes this.
  3. jdto

jdto Active Member

I think Casablanca at Yonge and King in Toronto has some. Where are you located?

Labman likes this.
  4. David Emond

hes up north in Labrador. If he cant get it shipped from our suggested stores i dont mind bying the tins and sending it to him.
    Its a nice blend made by Solani in Germany for Brigham, i just cant handle the solani head ache lol. Theres kentuchy in this blend and it gives me a super migrane head ache. It has a nice toasted taste and you have a nice camp fire smell.

Labman likes this.
  5. Labman

Labman Member

Thanks guys! I'm going to do some digging around and see what I can find.

6. David Emond

Lab any news ? :)

Labman likes this.
  7. jdto

jdto Active Member

Let me know. It's literally a 5 minute walk from here and I saw a tin there last time I went.

Labman likes this.
  8. Labman

Labman Member

I heard back from one retailer in B.C. that I wrote to, but he doesn't ship to other Provinces. Which, now that I think of it, used to happen to me a lot when I was trying to buy Cuban cigars from Canadian B&Ms. I put out a few more feelers, and I'll wait to see if I hear anything back. But, if I don't hear anything soon, I think the best bet would be to get one of you guys to pick me up a tin, and I will P*yP*l you the money.

9. Labman

Labman Member

UPDATE: Just heard back from Casablanca...they have 2 tins of King Street in stock, but they don't ship.

David, seeing since you're the closest to me, do you think you could pick it up for me and I'll send you the money? I'll send you a PM.

10. David Emond

I dont mind at all, i think im going there tomorrow with my dad. And ill try to ship it over the weekend.

Labman likes this.
  11. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

King Street good. Hulk smash!

jdto and Labman like this.
  12. Labman

Labman Member

I can't wait to try it! Errr, the King Street that is...Hulk can go and smash someone else. :D

jdto likes this.
  13. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

It's good. If you can't get a local supply there are other English mixes in that same vein which are readily imported - Westminster from Pease being one, British Woods from McClelland another. We can get ya hooked in somehow.

jdto and Labman like this.
  14. Labman

Labman Member

Sweet...heeeeey, wait a minute...stop trying to bring my TAD out. :D

Thanks for the recommendations Sas! I will definitely keep those in my "must try" list.

15. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Just make sure you don't send Emond any money - he'll just go on a spending spree in Gatineau, probably go downtown and buy a new goat.

David Emond, jdto and Labman like this.
  16. Labman

Labman Member

As long as he sends me some goat cheese, I'm cool with that! :thu2:

jdto likes this.
  17. David Emond

Id probably go and buy another bst italian basket pipe lol

jdto likes this.
  18. David Emond

Good news Lab,
    I got your stuff, and i found out that stores cant ship from province to province. I dont know if that was crap that he told me but makes sense with what you were told.
    pm me your addy and ill ship out the stuff ither tomorrow or monday.

Labman likes this.
  19. Labman

Labman Member

Cool beans! Yeah, it seems that there's a weird rule about sending tobacco/liquor from Province to Province. Thank God for the kindness of forum friends like you. :)

David Emond likes this.
  20. jdto

jdto Active Member

There are rules about liquor and tobacco crossing provincial borders due to different taxation and some different laws and age requirements. For example, it is technically illegal to buy beer in Quebec and bring it into Ontario without paying Ontario liquor taxes, which are much higher than in La Belle Province.

David Emond and Labman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.