1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Brought a little blondie home

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Sweatsack, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweatsack

Sweatsack Member

So I made my trip out to Seattle/Tacoma this weekend to see Social Distortion. They were awesome, and there a lot of hot rockabilly kittens in the crowd for sure, but I brought something a little sexier home.

One

Two

Edit: I have no idea why the image embedding isn't working so there's some links.

My buddy I went to visit in Tacoma took me to a Tinderbox and I was pretty impressed with their selection of pipes, both in styles and price. This little beauty cost me about $58. It's a Britannia; I have done some poking around and have heard rumors that these are seconds of a reputable pipemaker, perhaps Dunhill (confirmation/denial welcome). In any event, although I just got it I think it's both my best looking and best smoking pipe. It fits my hand and my style nicely I feel. I can see it becoming my favorite. I looked it over to see what would make it a second and the only thing I can see is a spot on the side where the briar is marred with some very light tool marks. But for $58 I can definitely live with that.

Oh, yeah, and she brought a friend along. That's a nearly-full can of Christmas Cheer 2008. I don't know how long it's been opened but it seems to be still good. My buddy gave it to me for free. I definitely wasn't going to turn it down.

2. Sweatsack

Sweatsack Member

And if anyone is looking for a relatively inexpensive pipe or has been considering a Britannia, I'll vouch that they're pretty decent.

3. scavenger

scavenger Member

Very nice! She's a good lookin girl ;) I love going to rockabilly/psychobilly shows, and the women there are definitely nice to look at. I saw social D in modesto a couple weeks ago. What a show! Enjoy your pipe!

Scavenger

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I sure favor the traditional shapes . I hear ya about how they feel in your hand . Imo they cant be beat . I had an old Marxman that was shaped very much like that pipe and I was in love with it ... Enjoy !

5. telltime

telltime Active Member

A statement that also belongs in the "You Know you're getting older when" post!

Congrats on the pipe and Christmas Cheer. Enjoy them both!

6. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

A lovely looking pipe - I can see why you gave into temptation! Many happy years with it!

Best as ever

Gerry

7. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

That shop is not a bad shop at all. I wish they had a larger selection of tinned blends. Next time your in the area, I would try to check out the shop in Pike Place Market. They have very few pipes but tons of tinned blends. Decent prices, for Seattle.

Nice pipe too. I fell inlove with that size pipe recently too. Nice find!

8. Sweatsack

Sweatsack Member

Yeah I agree. I noticed they had their own bulks and a few bulks/tins behind the counter but nothing special.

I ran around Belltown and was in and out of Pike's Place all day Saturday. What place are you talking about? The little stoner shop downstairs? I popped in there to look around, I noticed they had like two briar pipes but I didn't see any tinned tobacco. Wish I'd noticed it (if we're thinking of the same place). Not that I am in need of any tobacco considering the big ol' can of Christmas Cheer I brought home and the other stuff I have hanging around in baggies needing to be smoked.

9. cellophane

cellophane Member

I do like rockabilly kittens. Why not bring home both? :devil:

10. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

I do not think it was a head shop, as many "cigar and pipe" shops are in WA. After a quick google search to jog the memory it is a place called The Tobacco Patch. If I remember correctly, it is across from the market itself next to the original Starbucks location.

11. Sweatsack

Sweatsack Member

I did totally grab on some big ol' booty. She was crowd surfing...I didn't want her to fall. :whistle:

I gotcha. Yeah there is a headshop downstairs in the actual market building, that's where I went. They had some briar and meerschaum pipes; the meers were like $20 so I figured they were probably garbage, and I thought that probably spoke to the quality of the briar as well. I must have walked right by the Tobacco Pouch joint; I passed that Starbucks but I was mowing down on food from one of those vendors so I was a little distracted.

12. Sweatsack

Sweatsack Member

I wasn't trying to spend money on tobacco, though; if anything I wanted to get a pouch of Carter Hall as I haven't partaken in it yet and I thought an easy-smoking burley would be best to cake up the new pipe on the ride home. I assumed I could probably pick it up in a gas station somewhere along the way (I was wrong).

13. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

That's a very nice looking blonde indeed, Sweatsack. I hope you enjoy her for many years! She sure looks like a good smoker!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.