• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Bulldog Pipes

I am also crazy about bulldogs, prefer old England sandblasted - Charatan's, Sasieni, Old England, Comoy, GBD. Also have on Dunhill - it is on my userpic. Definitely I have to do some photos and share.

mecompco

I am also crazy about bulldogs, prefer old England sandblasted - Charatan's, Sasieni, Old England, Comoy, GBD. Also have on Dunhill - it is on my userpic. Definitely I have to do some photos and share.
I've only got one bulldog in smoking condition ATM and it is an estate bent Old England. It smokes great and is my Lat pipe.

I have always liked the bulldog style of pipes but currently I don't own one as I sold all my pipes about 8 years ago and now I'm just getting back into pipe smoking. The Bulldog style is definitely on my list of must haves so I'll be looking for one or more that catch my fancy.

piper965

Bulldogs are excellent! The first pipe I owned (that wasn't a Dr. Grabow) was a BC bent bulldog! That is still a go to pipe for me after almost 10 years! I am always on the lookout for a nice bulldog!

Bulldogs/rhodesian are my favorite shape of pipe. Just got a Peterson 80s Estate for a steal on ebay. First Pete and it looks awesome. Haven't smoked it yet, cause I still need to clean it up a bit.
That is my very favorite pipe. :) I plan on the course of the next 2 years to buy at least 5 of these ( I am just getting back to pipe smoking after 4 year hiatus) because not only are they a rugged workhorse of a pipe, that are beautiful too and easy to keep clean.

The only trouble i have ever has with the one i had years ago was the prolonged break in period as it seemed to take along time to burn off the finish they put inside the bowl. Given yours is an estate pipe you'll prolly have a minimum of break in to do depending how much the pipe was used by the previous owner. Once I got past the break in phase it was the smoothest smoker I ever had.:)

I love bulldogs, but I'm somewhat of a purist in my styling. I have two currently. One is a Dr. Grabow Westbrook that smokes amazingly and has a nice small bowl for when I need a short smoke. The other is Nat Sherman bent bulldog that is the pipe I probably smoke the most. There are a few more shapes I need to add to the herd before I start hyper-focusing on one, but if I could only have one shape it would be a quarter-bent bulldog.