Burley that bites like a dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mington

OK 3rd shot at Boswell's Premium Burley, this time in my best pipe; my Pete.

Better than my 1st 2 attempts in diff. pipes, but still not my fav.
I like it, it's OK, but maybe burley isn't my thing. I don't love it.
But, like a few of you suggested, I will try others.

The tobacco in the jar smells kinda sweet. I love the smell in the jar.
It is very peppery and more like a cigarette tobacco (to me).
<I know...I am nuts>

This will stay in my rotation and I will come back to it, but it will be in the back of the shelf.
(Unless I hear a trade?) heh

Amalgam

Ok Guys I did what some of you told me to do. I basically put the Burley London Blend in my pipe and did not pack it at all. I just fill it up by gravity and the smoke was as cool as it gets; did not bite whatsoever. Hard to smoke though because for every puff I got just the half of the smoke in my mouth as other packed tobacco, but it was smooth and cool. However I found out that it is not one of my favorite so I will use it for some homemade blends. Thank you very much for helping me with this problem.

Alfredo

Stoked

Alfredo, McB London Burley is really good stuff and worth the effort. Careful packing and slow puffing is a must, just like other McB's.

Your patience will be rewarded.

I like mixing in about 15% McClellands Orientals with the McB and the result is a truly outstanding blend.

woody

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Alfredo, McB London Burley is really good stuff and worth the effort. Careful packing and slow puffing is a must, just like other McB's.

Your patience will be rewarded.

I like mixing in about 15% McClellands Orientals with the McB and the result is a truly outstanding blend.
Try it with a pinch of MB Vanilla Creme.

Amalgam

Woody I will try the Vanilla Creme blend shortly I already ordered the VC. In the mean time I have a Peterson Sherlock Holmes blend which in my opinion is very bland, so I mixed it with the london blend 50:50 and the result was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.