C&D Aromatics

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Dondi, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

I'm putting together a TAD list for a C&D shopping spree, and I'm looking to try some of their aromatics (cherry or berry or vanilla or honey, etc) Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Dondi, I can send you a few samples, if you like.
    PM me, and we'll discuss.

dp

3. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Dondi I really enjoy C&D #300 Apricots and Cream and #512a Black Cherry. Also I have never tried it, but have heard good reviews about their #734 Green River Vanilla.

4. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Steer clear of C&D Milk and Honey. Its pleasant at first, but quickly turns into the soapiest tobacco your likely ever to smoke.

5. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Gentlemen, thank you for the suggestions!
    dp, pm sent.

6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Member

Autumn Evening is C&D's best selling aromatic.I think it ranks among the best aromatics available anywhere. :)

7. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Thanks for chiming in, MM. That blend is one of the samples on Snake's list, so I'm stoked! https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/ohyeah.gif

8. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Member

It's not cherry or berry or vanilla or honey, but you might want to check out their Pennington Gap...I think it's one of the best aromatics they make...usually a little wet out of the tin but let it dry out and it's a great smoke with lots of flavor...

9. sorringowl

sorringowl sorringowlandsons.com

I have gotten through most of a tin of C&D's Green River Vanilla (one of my first tobaccos) and it has been consistently good from the first bowl on. It is sweet tasting but not overly so (not so much like Vanilla, to me, but more like just naturally sweet tobacco). It is not the most complex tobacco flavor I've tried but it is very good tobacco that lights well, doesn't bite and is very consistent.

10. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions! I spoke with a very nice lady named Patty over at C&D last night, gave her some of the blends mentioned here and we've got a sampler on the way! https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsu.gif

11. Introibo

Introibo Member

Hi Dondi, thanks for the Half and Half. Regarding C&D, Autumn Evening is a good place to start.
    Best, Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.