C&D Bayou Morning, no smell?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by KMahoney, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KMahoney

KMahoney Member

I just received a $150 order from Pipesandcigars. As I was jarring up the bulk blends I was deeply inhaling the aroma from the tobaccos and when I got to Bayou Morning it had no scent at all. This may be because I just finished jarring up Pirate Kake and Night Train but after that I jarred up some Virginia Spice and it smelled amazing.

I'm still new at this but most every VaPer I have tried has a real pungent smell to it but in Bayou Morning it was lacking. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Maybe it was due to it being much more dry than the other tobaccos I received?

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

It honestly doesn't have much of a tin (bag/jar) aroma - not as much as most VaPers, but you should still notice a scent. Try sniffing it again with a "clean nose". By that I mean without sniffing heavy scent tobaccos just beforehand.

3. KMahoney

KMahoney Member

Smoked a bowl of this earlier and did get some tin aroma but it still wasn't much and it definitely lacked that pungent aroma I like so much. Also I wasn't real impressed with the way it smoked either. I'm smoking some Night Train right now and it is fantastic. It has that sweet-sour taste I like.

4. KMahoney

KMahoney Member

Ok, so the first few bowls I smoked of BM were in a brand new cob and I didn't care for it. I smoked 2 bowls again yesterday. The first thing I noticed upon opening the jar which has been stored out in my hot garage is that the sour pungent smell is there now. Maybe it is heat activated?
    I know that I noticed I liked Virginia Spice a lot better after it sat out in the heat in a jar for a few days as well.

The second thing I noticed in a broken in MM CG is that I enjoy this tobacco now. It is missing the sweetness up front and just starts off with a bready flavor that moves quickly on to the Perique spiciness.

5. 1858remington

1858remington Active Member

So I'm guessing you like your women like your bacci... with a nice pungent smell.:puke::xd:

6. KMahoney

KMahoney Member

Yeah sure, but they only get that good pungent smell when you leave them out in the sun in an airtight container for a few days.
    Who do you think I am, Joel Rifkin? :puke:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.