1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Calabash Pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Anthony J, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony J

Anthony J Member

Hey, where can I find more information on calabash pipes, and good online retailer?

Thanks

PipeSimmo likes this.

2. gic

gic Member

PipeSimmo likes this.
  3. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

Information shouldn't be as hard to find as the pipe itself. There are only a handful of people still making them, and they have been quite scarce in the last few years. I found mine as an estate pipe online, and although it doesn't get smoked every day, I still think every pipe smoker should have one in their collection, they truly provide a cool-smoking, flavorful experience that is unique to them.

Thuber88 and KleinToit like this.
  4. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

+1
    I still don't own a calabash, but I know for sure it will be a Strambach. Very traditional company with great reputation.

Thuber88 and David Emond like this.
  5. KleinToit

KleinToit Member

Wesley's (www.wesleys.co.za) tobacconist in RSA sell a lot of them, they do have an online store but I don't know if they ship internationally.
    They are a real class act and I would recommend them anytime, and with the current $ to R rates (its about R9.60 to one dollar)
    I see they are R600 without shipping so that comes to $63 and shipping shoudn't be more than $15.

Calabash pipes are native to South Africa, I don't own one currently but it's on my PAD list. I've only ever heard one complaint about them, and that is that they need rest, as much or maybe even a little more than brair.

PS: They have some history and info aswell.

Thuber88 and jdto like this.
  6. jdto

jdto Active Member

I had one, but I sold it. Now I'm thinking maybe I need to give them another go. I'll add it to the long-term PAD list, I guess :D

Thuber88 and PipeSimmo like this.
  7. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

I also dont have one and if i did it would also be a strambach.

Thuber88 and PipeSimmo like this.
  8. Terry292

Terry292 Member

jdto, Thuber88 and David Emond like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.