1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

CAO Bekler Meerschaum

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Anthony J, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony J

Anthony J Member

A few CAO meerschaum estate pipes came into the local shop the other day, which is great because this shop rarely carries any quality meerschaums - which is why I don't have one. My friend Nate King told me that one of them was a Bekler, and explained a little about it.

One of them was an eagle's claw clutching an egg shape that made up the bowl, and I was pretty determined to have it. Of course, I walked in yesterday just as they sold it. Sadly I didn't have the money to buy it right when it came in. But there was another good looking pipe next to it, and I put it on hold till my next paycheck. I'm pretty sure the one I put on hold is the Bekler. I didn't take too close of a look at it - I got a bit paranoid about dropping it. I'll confirm it tomorrow on my lunch break if I get the time - but for now here are some pictures - apologies for the ones that are out of focus.

Can anyone give me any more information on the history/background of this pipe?

On the left

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bubbagump likes this.

2. Slow Tri

Slow Tri Is it Friday yet?

No info.....sorry.

But that is a great looking Meer!!

3. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

If it's a Beckler it should be signed...probably on the shank. Nice looking pipe.

4. Anthony J

Anthony J Member

Confirmed it isn't a Bekler, but still. I've always loved Meers and I can't wait till my next paycheck.

5. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

CAO are good pipes....you should enjoy it for a good long time.
    Let us know if/when you get it! Don't forget to read up here on how to care for your new pipe....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.