CAO Cherrybomb

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ruffinogold, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

well , I'm a sucker for cherry blends . Was in atlanta today and stopped in a shopp that had a million cigars but few pipe tobaccos [ lame ] so I bought the CAO Cherrybomb . A little moist out of the tin but got it goin pretty good . The cherry flavor is more the candied kind where as IRC cherry is a natural cherry flavor . But do I care ... nope . Cool smoking black cavendish , yummy cherry flavor and had to run a cleaner through my Wiley Prince [ bad asss pipe ] twice .First time half way and second at about the end . Not freakin bad !!!! This isnt that weird goopy hot medicine cherry thing nor an all natural cherry . Pipe went out twice but that was the wifes fault . She's wearin skimpy so I got a bit distracted .All in all a very good cherry blend . After this tin I'll know if IRC cherry is better or not

trapperhoney and IrishRover like this.

2. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I'm glad you posted this. I remember a cherry tobacco that a neighbor smoked when I was a kid. It smelled so good. The only cherry toby I've tried was Rattray's Terry Red. It is cherry, rum & ginger. I smoked it right out of the tin and it was goopy in the bottom of the pipe and tasted nothing like cherry. Not to mention it was hot burning and tongue biting. I decided to let it sit for a year (6 mo's now) and then try it again.

In the mean time, I may try some CAO at your recommendation.
    :whistle:

3. Stoked

Stoked Member

I've been smoking Tinderbox Anniversary which is a very nice cherry blend. I had to get some cherry locally since the Rite Aid stopped selling Middleton's Cherry for some reason. I've been very pleased with the TB and I think I like it slightly better than the Middleton's. It has a little more cherry flavor. I'll have to give CAO a try when I see it, thanks for the recommendation.

Skimpy is always good... :whistle:

4. ruffinogold

Second bowl .... same .... this stuff is real good ifin ya dig cherry

5. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Thanks for the review on the CAO Cherry. I am a fan of their Eileen's Dream and I've always thought about picking up a tin of the cherry. I really enjoy C&D's Black Cherry and now I find myself wanting to compare the two. I'll let you know how it goes.

6. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

I smoked CAO cigars a few years back and enjoyed them. I see their pipe tobacco comes in the same flavors. Same tobacco or do they do something different for the pipe? I see the tins but have hesitated since I don't really want to smoke cigar tobacco in a different package.

Thanks.

7. ruffinogold

Anyone thats smoked middletons cherry blend knows it has just a whisper of cherry ... so I added 1 part cherrybomb and it was as good to me as either by itself . The mix was nice cause I thought the cherrybomb was alittle moist but with adding it to the cherry blend [ which is perfect out of the pouch
    ] made it burn great . Just an Idea I though I'd share

8. erickghint

erickghint Member

I've been kind of hesitant to try cherry blends of any sort, as I've heard they're usually prone to bite. I might have to give the CAO a try, though.

9. mrlindeman

mrlindeman Member

This stuff tore me up for some reason. The cherry bomb was what I thought would float my boat but it was just to chemical for me. Alot of people are liking it from what I hear though. I may have to try it again to get a better opinion. https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/bling.gif

10. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

To WHK-

Same flavors, different tobacco. I think all the tins are cavendish, except for Bella Vanilla. (VA flake). I only have the BV, because I have a gag reflex that happens when cavendish is mentioned. To be honest, I don't think BV is anything special either, essentially a VA that has been sauced with 'Pure Madagascar Vanilla'. Sounds devine, tastes like any other aro, except maybe, just maybe, the VA making itself known here and there. (To be honest, I'm probably jaded to no end, it is probably better than I am willing to admit.) Long story short, definitely pipe tobacco, no cigar leaf noticed.

11. ruffinogold

I'm about half way through the tin and it's all the same .Like I said above , this isnt natural cherry more like the candy stuff .IRC cherry is natural tasting cherry and really damn good .So at this point I'm thing IRC cherry is better cause the candy cherry flavor isnt as good as natural .I've mixed cherrybomb with cherry blend and its real nice.Cherrybomb is a very good blend just not as good as IRC ...to me . But I aint done w/ the tin yet

12. ruffinogold

O.K. the cherrybomb is about gone and compairing it to IRC Cherrry it's close . The Natural cherry flavor in the IRC blend I like better on its own . But mixing the CAO Cherry Bomb w/ other blends is really killer . I added 1 of 4 parts to mddletons cherry blend and it is outstanding ! By itself the cherrybomb is a fine smoke but I prefer IRC as a stand alone blend

13. Njemt527

Njemt527 Member

The second pipe tobacco I ever bought was CAO cherry bomb. I liked there cigars. I was headed out for the night to a club that I could actually smoke at. I thought high class cherry and vanilla tobacco would be classy. Considering I really knew nothing about pipes or tobacco at the time, I loaded up a really really really full bowl and lit it. Burnt the hell out of my whole mouth. I left it in the tin, alone on the shelf, fearing it. Then transferred it to a mason jar when I found out about storing tobacco. I packed a bowl last week, and what a difference. It taste a bit cigarish but its much better now, thanks to drying and knowledge. It won't be my everyday smoke, but its a good tobacco.

14. 50rayj

50rayj Member

I bought a tin of it last week and must say that it tastes good at first but it seems to go flat about half way thru the bowl.

15. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Thanks for the information Ruff!

16. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I've always wondered about CAO tobacco and cigars. It seems like I need to pick up both now.

17. 50rayj

50rayj Member

What's the name of the McClellan cherry blend? I heard it is really good.

18. ruffinogold

Heck , I dont know .. I havent tried it but would like to . Who's had it ?

19. 50rayj

50rayj Member

FYI, I found it online. It's M-27. I just ordered some from pipesandcigars.com

20. Capt

Capt Active Member

I reviewed this on TR back in February. My favorite cherry blend thus far. PS bulk cherry blend is nice too. Smoking a bowl right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.