CAO Line Of Pipe Tobacco?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Dispatch, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dispatch

Dispatch Member

I got a few already but I'd like to get some more opinions here on the CAO line of pipe tobacco. Any actual experiences? :cfsd:
    Are there Cigarillos any good?

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I've enjoyed Patriot Flake, an excellent straight VA and Gordon Pym, an extremely smooth latakia mixture.

Eileen's Dream is good for a heavily cased, sweet blend.

Can't comment on their cigarillos.

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I like CAO Cherry Bomb even though it isnt a natural cherry flavor like IRC Cherry Cordial [ the best ] . I use it for blending .

4. daveinlax

daveinlax Member

When CAO got bought out a few years ago the respected line of Dan mixtures were replaced by trendy, reportedly gawd awful aro's aimed at a young, hip demographic. Some of the the Dan mixtures have been reintroduced but I don't know how widely. I am a big fan of CAO's gold label Cameroon cigars they are IMHO a outstanding well rolled, mild stick. :confused:

5. ruffinogold

Yes , it's true ... I'm young and hip ;)

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Well, duh...we're all aware of this, ya fogey! :)

7. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I've had Bella Vanilla and Patriot Flake. Both are smokeable, both aren't high on my reorder list. The local cigar store carries the aromatic blends they make (the only tins they have, too...), but I hate paying a premium for something I almost guarantee will bore me.

8. Dispatch

Dispatch Member

This IRC '3' Star Cherry Cordial? Is it the best out their, in your opinion?
    [​IMG]

9. ruffinogold

Yup , it's the best Cherry flavor imo ..... I love it . Killer stuff..... and the Buttered rum ... forget about it ... awesome !

10. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

CAO has a lot of cigar variations I really like, but never had their pipe tobacco. I'd smoke a tin if one happened by, but haven't gone out looking for any yet.

11. Dispatch

Dispatch Member

How about there 3 Star Cordial Buttered Rum and Vanilla?

12. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I don't know so much about their recent line of tobacco, as I'm not much of an aromatic smoker but the older, Dan Tobacco blended 1776 series is quite well respected. I'm smoking some Midnight Ride right now (this tin has been in my cellar for a few years and still has the CAO imprint on it; haven't seen the new ones yet) and it's a favorite of mine. Old Ironsides is the definitive Lat bomb, and Patriot Flake seems to be well liked. The only one I don't hear much about is Independence.

I have had a couple of CAO cigars, and they have been very good as well.

13. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I've heard that Midnight Ride was a favorite by several people. I'm starting to get that itchy add-it-to-my-TAD-list finger.

14. ruffinogold

Never had the vanilla .... the Buttered Rum is my favorite black cav aro on the market

15. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Highly recommended if you appreciate a full flavored tobacco in the (mostly) English style. There is some Perique in it, but it is in a strictly supporting role and doesn't make it's presence immediately known. Delicious.

16. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I had both Eileen's Dream and Moontrance handed down to me by a fellow PSF'er that didn't like them. I agreed and "off-ed" them as fast as I could. Both were weak and blah\meh.
    I think CAO needs to stick to stogies.:fpalm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.