1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Capt Black Pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Dr Dover, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Dover

Dr Dover Member

During Desert Shield/Storm I ordered two pipes from the wraper of a pouch of CB. (a lot tobacco companies use to do ths). They survived the Saudie desert, six months on living on a tank, and one tour to Somailia before one burnt out. It is decades later and I still smoke one of the two in rotation. These pipes were got cheap but smoked great! My question is, does any one know who made these for CB? I can't tell because they are marked CB and ship style. Every few years I buy a pouch of CB to smoke, but always in secret hope to find another pipe offer. I am looking for who made them, does anyone know of a stock source, info on how to replace one of the two.

2. Ozark Nick

Ozark Nick Member

Pictures?

3. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

I know Lane owns CB and at the time I believe they owned Grabow,they may have been made in Sparta,but not sure.

4. Smokey

Smokey Member

I have two CB pipes, made in england stamped on them. I think Orlik made them, but am not certain. They are both excellent smokers.

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I had one from the order slip on the pouch ... I liked it a lot but sadly it's been gone some time now . I'm sure a number of places have made them over the years . I think the London Made ones are newer but I really don't know either .. except they are good smokers

6. Dr Dover

Dr Dover Member

I did research the Orlik lead. I believe "Smokey" is right. I am going to keep my eye out for these. Sadly, one full bent suffered nearly a side burn out (for lack of better words). We were making a night road trip during a sandstorm. With the strong cross winds and me puffing like a train, I damaged it. Still have the other. Looking for more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.