Captain Earle's Honor Blend

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by DMWyatt, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

So I rubbed out and smoked a bowl of Captain Earle's Honor Blend tonight, and I'm loving it! It's sweet, spicy, hayish, slightly fruity, and a bit nutty, and it has wonderful burning characteristics. This is going to be a blend I spend a lot of time getting familiar with, although it does have one drawback. I'm finding that perique sends my mucous glands into overdrive. It seems I'm going to have to smoke perique blends with a spitoon and tissue nearby.

Has anyone spent some time with this one? I'm interested in hearing what you think of it.

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

You'll get over the water works, just keep at it.

3. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

LOL I sure hope so! Between this and Old Joe Krantz, I'm learning to love perique as a condiment tobacco.

Salcheech likes this.
  4. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

Until I'm used to the water works, I've found a practical use for OJK. That old codger cleared my sinuses right up tonight, after I got frustrated enough to light up a bowl in spite of the cold I've got going on.

Salcheech likes this.
  5. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

I want to revisit Honor Blend for a moment. Letting it age since March, a little bit of the edge has come off the perique, and I'm finding it to be a good sit down smoke. It is marginally sweeter than before, but that could just be a slight change in my tastes. I'm thinking that this is a tobacco that may age wonderfully, and go from being something special, to something exquisite.

Salcheech likes this.
  6. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Been eyeing this one for a while. Will have to get a tin on the next order.

7. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Never had any of it, but I might have to check some out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.