Carter Hall Homey

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruffinogold

Mayor
I bet if you showed up , they'd give you a tour ... I don't know why I think that other than most people are pretty good . You couldn't smoke during the tour , I'm sure ... but I bet it would be something to see !! I would love to go there !

jhguthlac

I didn't see any tour info on their webpage .. http://www.johnmiddletonco.com/en/cms/home/default.aspx

Their phone number is .. 888-878-4562
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. (ET)

I'm glad you're liking the CH !Try their other products also

I like most everything J Middleton makes . I don't care for the apple or black/gold and mild stuff . The rest is good or great . I haven't seen Royal Comfort or Wine berry since .. well , a long time . PA soft Vanilla is excellent and one of the better Cavendish based blends on the market , in any price range .
CH and Cherry Blend are high on my lists. Never heard of Royal Comfort or Wine Berry until I looked at their web site yesterday (what's got us interested in their web site all of a sudden?). Wish I could ind PA soft Vanilla or Cherry Vanilla here in Delaware. We're just across the line for Pete's sake.

ruffinogold

Mayor
CH and Cherry Blend are high on my lists. Never heard of Royal Comfort or Wine Berry until I looked at their web site yesterday (what's got us interested in their web site all of a sudden?). Wish I could ind PA soft Vanilla or Cherry Vanilla here in Delaware. We're just across the line for Pete's sake.
I hear ya . If I were near by Middletons . I'd talk to someone there and sell them on the idea to push displays at their retail locations . The display space for tobacco is usually in a plexi glass cabinet around here with shelves . Surely theres a way for them to come up with a display of their products .. all of them . I cant even tell you the last time I had Wine berry or Royal comfort .. I'm thinking late 1980's . I remember one of them being very aromatic . The PA Soft vanilla and the PA Cherry Vanilla you can get here very cheap , they are both very good ....

http://wvsmokeshop.com/pipetobacco.aspx

jhguthlac

I hear ya . If I were near by Middletons . I'd talk to someone there and sell them on the idea to push displays at their retail locations . The display space for tobacco is usually in a plexi glass cabinet around here with shelves . Surely theres a way for them to come up with a display of their products .. all of them . I cant even tell you the last time I had Wine berry or Royal comfort .. I'm thinking late 1980's . I remember one of them being very aromatic . The PA Soft vanilla and the PA Cherry Vanilla you can get here very cheap , they are both very good ....

http://wvsmokeshop.com/pipetobacco.aspx
Royal Comfort reminds me that its been a long time since I've had Crown Royal or Southern Comfort!

Wildcat

Say what now?
Patron
I like most everything J Middleton makes . I don't care for the apple or black/gold and mild stuff . The rest is good or great . I haven't seen Royal Comfort or Wine berry since .. well , a long time . PA soft Vanilla is excellent and one of the better Cavendish based blends on the market , in any price range .
Me too, including Apple. I haven't tried B/G&Mild blends. I'm a big fan of the cigars of the same name and I think I'll leave it at that. As for the Royal Comfort, man I used to dig that stuff! Then it changed or I did... not horrible now, but totally off my radar.

genuine

I just picked up a fresh pouch the other night and had a real nice smoke on my way home. I plan on brewing some beer on Friday and will have some then. It's a great honest smoke with the classic pipe aroma. Huge fan of it.

I, too, live in the KoP area. Check out any local Rite-Aid, CVS or Walgreens and you'll find Carter Hall for $3 or so.
I finally made it to a Rite Aid in town. First time there. They have Carter Hall and a bunch of other OTC brands. And it is close by. You were right Patdreadful. No one else I checked had it, but Rite Aid is stocked up. Glad you mentioned it, thanks. I can't say I'm crazy about Carter Hall but I'll be keeping it on hand. It's OK, and the price is good.

mrpipster

So did the lack of flavor thing ever get sorted out?
The last 2 pouch's I bought about 3 months ago were definatly lacking that raisain type flavor that CH has.

Status
Not open for further replies.