Carter Hall Homey

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by briarhoff, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I bet if you showed up , they'd give you a tour ... I don't know why I think that other than most people are pretty good . You couldn't smoke during the tour , I'm sure ... but I bet it would be something to see !! I would love to go there !

briarhoff likes this.

2. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

Just imagine the smell... :nwor::snork:

3. briarhoff

briarhoff Member

I'll see what I can work out and report back. I'm getting in that building if I have to raid it! :punk:

4. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

Bring us back samples!

briarhoff likes this.
  5. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

CH and Cherry Blend are high on my lists. Never heard of Royal Comfort or Wine Berry until I looked at their web site yesterday (what's got us interested in their web site all of a sudden?). Wish I could ind PA soft Vanilla or Cherry Vanilla here in Delaware. We're just across the line for Pete's sake.

ruffinogold likes this.
  6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I hear ya . If I were near by Middletons . I'd talk to someone there and sell them on the idea to push displays at their retail locations . The display space for tobacco is usually in a plexi glass cabinet around here with shelves . Surely theres a way for them to come up with a display of their products .. all of them . I cant even tell you the last time I had Wine berry or Royal comfort .. I'm thinking late 1980's . I remember one of them being very aromatic . The PA Soft vanilla and the PA Cherry Vanilla you can get here very cheap , they are both very good ....

http://wvsmokeshop.com/pipetobacco.aspx

7. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Royal Comfort reminds me that its been a long time since I've had Crown Royal or Southern Comfort!

p120d16y and ruffinogold like this.
  8. Wildcat

Wildcat Active Member

Me too, including Apple. I haven't tried B/G&Mild blends. I'm a big fan of the cigars of the same name and I think I'll leave it at that. As for the Royal Comfort, man I used to dig that stuff! Then it changed or I did... not horrible now, but totally off my radar.

9. genuine

genuine Member

I just picked up a fresh pouch the other night and had a real nice smoke on my way home. I plan on brewing some beer on Friday and will have some then. It's a great honest smoke with the classic pipe aroma. Huge fan of it.

10. Woodyarmadillo

Woodyarmadillo Member

Just a side note... Albertsons seems to carry it behind the tobacco counter all the time.

11. briarhoff

briarhoff Member

I finally made it to a Rite Aid in town. First time there. They have Carter Hall and a bunch of other OTC brands. And it is close by. You were right Patdreadful. No one else I checked had it, but Rite Aid is stocked up. Glad you mentioned it, thanks. I can't say I'm crazy about Carter Hall but I'll be keeping it on hand. It's OK, and the price is good.

12. mrpipster

mrpipster Active Member

So did the lack of flavor thing ever get sorted out?
    The last 2 pouch's I bought about 3 months ago were definatly lacking that raisain type flavor that CH has.

13. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

I just opened a pouch that I bought the week before Christmas. Normal flavor was there in pouch aroma and in taste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.