1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Cavicchi Estates

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by jpberg, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

SP has a couple of Cavicchis at really good prices. I don't know why I'm posting this, other than if I was in the market for a super smoking, hand made Italian pipe for small money, I'd snatch either of these up in a minute.

GlassSculptor and yinyang like this.

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I believe a lot of new pipers are unaware, or skittish, of estates...no harm helping show them the way. A Cavicchi, or two, at those prices would be an excellent addition to anybody's collection. Smokingpipes selling them helps reduce the risk factor, too.

Thanks for the heads' up, JP.

GlassSculptor likes this.
  3. RP McMurphy

RP McMurphy Member

I'll never buy a "Brand New" or unsmoked pipe unless its just my my collection. I reckon I'm one of those lazy puffers that just doesn't like break'en a new pipe when I can buy one already broke in. Besides that, I just cant afford what I like brand new.

4. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Wow, that's a great deal on those Cavicchis. I'd be all over them if they were bent. The two Cavicchis I have are hands down my best smokers.

Thanks for the info JP.

5. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

I have always found Smokingpipes to be a bit high on their estates, but these look about right, ie, about 50% or so of full retail. Best prices I have found on Cavicchis is The Piperack. I bought several of them about 8/9 yrs ago from them. Good smokers all.

6. TRAVIS

TRAVIS Member

I have 105 pipes at the moment and only one was new i love the old estates but the more people that dont like the idea leaves more for us.

7. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I've got a 5C that is probably going on the selling block sometime fairly soon. It's beautiful but it's not made of meerschaum so I smoke it very rarely.

8. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I like the old adage that an estate pipe is like silverware at a restaurant. Once it's cleaned, no one minds putting someone else's fork in their mouth.

9. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

My lone Cavicchi is a real workhorse and supurb smoker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.