Cellaring Saves Another

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by nesta, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

The same with MacDragon. I think it's
    an every day smoke for him.

2. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

That's right, a well stocked cellar is like money in the bank. I'm not very deep on too many things, but I've got at least a tin's worth of about fifty things that will keep me rotating nicely (my preference is for variety, anyway) if the money's tight. Been building and rebuilding my cellar for about ten years.

Good luck on the job hunt, Nesta!

3. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

Yea, my favorite bacca just went up in price, AGAIN, (that's twice THIS year!), it now costs $30 and change BEFORE state sales tax for a 100g tin. 3 years ago when I tried it for the first time it was $18.75 before sales tax for a 100g tin. I ain't got hardly no money so I'm trying to cellar but it's tough. If you can afford it, cellar, cellar, cellar!!! Good luck on the job search Nesta, been there myself so I know where you're at.

4. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I just looked and found that it was even worse than I thought in NY. It is 60% state tax on the sale price of tobacco. So $10.00 is really $16.00. That is insane. And I thought NJ was bad. And these guys get re-elected over and over again.
    Thank God for the internet. But you know they will put an end to that loophole sooner or later too.
    So stock up brothers and be ready for when it comes.

Paul

5. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

MD already has.

:(

Ed
    Puff

6. FlatbushPaul

:(:(

7. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I put away $1o or $12 a week. Here in Johnson County, Texas, that will get me two pouches of OTC per week. Or, if I save it up to the end of the month I can order a a few tins of Dunhill or the likes, or a pound of MacB, Stokkebye, or C&D bulk from an on-line vendor. It adds up over time, and it also forces me to be more selective about what I order.

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Don't forget the pound blocks of C&D (Pirate Kake and Night Train). They are real good my friends!

Ed
    Puff...under $30

9. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Yes, the problem is that even when prices are good, money is finite! I'd order a pound of Night Train this second if I could. As it is I have maybe an ounce and a half on hand, and plenty of other stuff, so I'll just manage. I suspect the stuff should age rather nicely, though...I mean, there is a notable burley component, but my palate seems to detect more Virginia, despite it being a little on the robust side.

10. kleidophoros

kleidophoros Member

Oh you think 60% is insane? Tobacco tax is 69% here and with the addition of 15% VAT; 78.7% of retail price of tobacco products goes to tax.
    I believe it's like that all over Europe.

11. FlatbushPaul

OMG!!:startl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.