1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Chacom

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by buistd, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Whilst in Jerry's Cigar Bar in Bruges yesterday I was browsing the pipes and came across a Chacom Havane pipe that I have added to the PAD list. Funds are low at the moment so I couldn't buy it on the spot, and I don't remember really seeing much mention on Chacom pipes in terms of their quality. The stem on the one I saw looked to be hand cut which is quite impressive on a pipe that retails for just short of £50 in Blighty. Just wondering what experiences people have had with Chacoms.

2. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

I have two and they both suit me fine.

3. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I had a Havane bulldog that was just lovely. I had another that was not a well put together pipe. If you are holding it in your hands and it looks good, it probably is.

4. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

I have a Black Magic that looks fantastic and smokes well but has an uncomfortable acrylic bit and a Salsa 812 that I hate due to poor engineering. Neither pipe has been smoked in the last two years. They tend to more style conscious than most makers but I wouldn't recommend them questionable qc and engineering.

5. noodle

noodle Member

i have one its a cheapo festival, it smokes well but the briar is full of pits and fills.

it does smoke though so thats the important bit

6. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

I have an Atlante
    [​IMG]
    a Carrare
    [​IMG]
    and a Millenium
    [​IMG]
    They are among my most reliable briars. Chacom is very big, like Butz-Choquin, so they get the best briar from the suppliers.
    My Atlante and Carrare have cost me $75 in 1995, my Millenium, $150 in 2007. The Carrare's stain is going away but all three are excellent smokers.

7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

They've been at it a long time ! They make a fine pipe :th1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.