Cheap Newspaper Pots

Discussion in 'Tobacco Growing Forum' started by Jonesy, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonesy

Jonesy Member

This is an easy peasy cheap n easy way to make paper pots.

1. Newspaper, spray can of any size. Turtles having sex salt n pepper shakers optional!
    [​IMG]

2. fold newspaper in half
    [​IMG]
    3.Roll newspaper around can.
    [​IMG]

4.Fold over side to side/croner to corner. Note: be sure and press folds in to make a bit of a concave surface.
    This will help your pot stand up better
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    4.Crush/cram/slam/squeeze/drop kick can on hard smooth surface while rotating to from a kind of crimp.

[​IMG]
    5.Remove can. If you need to rotate the opposite direction a little to get it to free up. and wholla!
    [​IMG]

You can use any spray can. You could prob use something like a coffee can if you want a larger pot though I recommend using a ball pen hammer to create a concave because it does help. You dont really need to tape the finished product but to each their own. Best to use a tray with edges just to help with stablity. You are supposed to be able just put them in the ground like a peet pot. Careful when transplanting or moving. After days/weeks of watering the pot is "brittle." For bigger pots you will prob want to use two sheets of newspaper folded into their selves length wise.

Note: Sometimes longer is better than bigger. Root growth direction. Think about it.

Hope this helps someone

God Bless
    Happy:puffy:

2. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

I will have to remember this for next season. Those should work good as starter pots!

3. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

The turtles aren't having sex. The little turtle on top has hurt his front paws and the turtle on bottom is helping him home. On the other hand, they are kinda similar to people - try to help someone and ya get raped everytime.

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Member

My sister brought these back from Florida and argued with me that they were playing leap frog/turtle lol

Moose and ruffinogoldswife like this.
  5. Jonesy

Jonesy Member

Threaders Note:

Don't recommend leaving the newspaper on when planting. Just remember I removed it myself. Even peat pots aren't that reliable for breaking down

God bless
    Happy growin
    Happy :puffy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.