1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Cheapest Kaywoodie

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by raistlinsk, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raistlinsk

raistlinsk Member

I really wanna get my hands on a Kaywoodie or Yellobole. I've heard about those stingers and am curious to try one. Plus they're such a great piece of Americana. So where do you Kaywoodie aficionados find the best prices are? I've seen them for about 30 to 50 bucks but have heard they aren't that expensive typically so I don't wanna get screwed out of a tin of toby(money is to tight). Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

2. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

~ $10 on ebay.

3. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

PM me and tell me what shapes you like. I will sell you one in good condition cheap. Let me know if you want it restored or unrestored a(cost less).

4. beeftip

beeftip Member

Second that. I bought two off of eBay and the most I paid was $16 with shipping.

5. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

if you don't get a kw you can always try a grabow with a stinger.

6. raisingale

raisingale Member

I can vouch for StrongIrish's selection. Although I didn't buy one from him (I recently acquired another, wife would kill me)he kindly e-mailed me a number of beauties to choose from. Wish I could have bought one on the sly!

7. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Forgive me, but what is a stinger? I am new to pipe smoking.

8. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

A stinger is a metal thing fitted into the stem for normally no other reason than to make the pipe gurgle! In actual fact it's supposed to stop goo coming up the stem I think - may people me included take them out and throw them away as soon as we didcover them.

Doing this on brands like a Kaywoodie however is more difficult as they form part of the threaded stem joint.

Designs vary greatly from a simple narrow short metal tube, to a tube with a closed end but a whole to the side to allow smoke to pass, to the more elaborate four hole design found on Kaywoodies

Hope this helps

Gerry

9. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Thank you for your information on the stinger! Just one day here and I feel 10X smarter already!!!!

10. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

I've got a bunch of Kaywoodies, Yello Boles and Grabows. The Kaywoodies and Yello Boles I got off e-bay. None of them cost more than $20 and a couple of the Yello Boles I lucked into for $5. The Grabows I have are all new and can be found for around $20 at the WV smokeshop.

11. scavenger

scavenger Member

I was thinking about trying a kaywoodie out too.

12. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

+ 1 for http://wvsmokeshop.com/ ... Kaywoodies rock for the money . I bagged this one on Ebay a couple months ago . And its meer lined ... polished up like a champ . I payed under 15 bucks if I remember right ... http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab13/ruffinogold/Pipe Collection/P1010008.jpg

13. raistlinsk

raistlinsk Member

14. telltime

telltime Active Member

E-Bay may be a good source, like others have said, but don't look past StrongIrish's offer. Good man on this board!

15. telltime

telltime Active Member

Oh, and don't let anyone know Kaywoodies. They are a good pipe. Some folks collect them and at one time, they were the best (and most expensive) pipe around. Even better/more expensive than Dunhills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.