Cheapest LTF???

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Charles, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charles

Charles Member

Where can I find the lowest price for some PS Luxury Twist Flake? Is it a good bulk replacement for Orlik Golden Slice?

2. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Mars Cigars has the best price if you go for the full 1.5 pound box.

Pipes and Cigars.Com has it at the best price for a pound or less.

Cup O Joes.com has prices just a little higher than Pipes and Cigars, but I think Joes has better customer service.

LTF (Luxury Twist Flake) has an aromatic quality and taste that reminds me of Danish Butter Cookies, whereas I think OGS (Orlik Golden Slice) has a more natural flavor. I don't know if they really compare, other than they are both very good. I like LTF better, and it's a lot less expensive. I don't think you can go wrong with LTF.

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

4. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

5. RTOdhner

6. ruffinogold

I've been getting tobacco from them for quite a while ... they are good people . At some point I thought they were gonna stop selling pipe tobacco on line but it seems thats past ... which is a good thing .

7. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Luxury Navy Flake LNF is the 'Luxury' blend that approximates OGS...but LNF is a vaper. If you can't abide perique, you won' t like LNF.

8. RTOdhner

Is that their regular price for LTF? Are those their regular prices for LNF and LBF?

9. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

Well.. crap.. cup o joes will sell you pounds of that stuff.. guess it depends on how much you want.. is you're looking for pounds.. cop o joes is your place.. if you're looking for less than that.. ****.. cop o joes is still your place.

10. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Thanks for the link Ruff. I ordered a bunch of samplers and 4oz of LTF. Hope it comes in good shape.

11. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

Thanks for this! They have a BUNCH of Drug store blend pouches, at decent prices! I've been wanting to put an order in of some Drug store blends, but $6+ for 2 oz of some of their drug store blends (that they likely get from a tub) from 4noggins just seemed crazy to me. I ordered some LTF from them as well!

12. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

They also have a bunch of trial 1 oz for only 1.67 . I bought a bunch from them.

13. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

Exactly...the shipping was pricey, at $14...but I saved that or more over ordering from 4Noggins... I got 4 ozs of LTF for the price of 2ozs everywhere else.

14. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

My shipping was only $6. I do live the next state over though.

15. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

I sent PipesAndCigars a couple emails, and I didn't get a response. Even with the high shipping, it's not bad. I may order from them again...it just kind of sucks they don't have a good selection of pipes.

16. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

I will definitely order all my PS tobys from them.

17. ruffinogold

I've tried a number of the Century aro blends ... the z50 balck cordial is really killer. The rum and maple was nice . The Century natural is a super nice smoke . I didnt care for the Irish cream or what ever its called . They used to carry Macbaren bulk but dont anymore ... that hurt cause i used to buy my MB GE there . They have PA Soft vanilla and Cherry Vanilla ... both are very good .I've been bagging PS stuff there . It's where i ordered sweet vanilla for the first time . Their 6 dollar rubber lined vynl fold up pouch is tops ... I've used mine everyday for about a year i guess and it keeps tobacco perfect . I could go on about wv . I wished they had more ... but what they have is what I need .

18. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Thanks for the link to them. I bought the z5o black cordial and the PA cherry/vanilla. Along with 6 different PS items.

19. ruffinogold

Cool ! youre gonna be " pipe happy " for a while ! It's nice when a store /site offers 1 oz blends . I really dig the PA cherry vanilla ... keep it in good condition .. if it gets dry .. it gets warmer . It's not like it's a wet aro by any means . I left some out and it got dry ... thought I'd try it anyway but it wasnt as good dry . It's perfect for hot weather .. I ordered some before a trip to Miami at the end of last winter to test it in heat and it was a great smoke ! The PA Soft vanilla is real good too . Lets us know what ya think of the z50 after a few bowls !

20. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

I got some Rum and Maple. I was browsing through Boswells, and saw that it was not in stock there, so I figured it has to be good stuff. Good thing I ordered some :)

I also got PA Cherry Vanilla, Half and Half, SWRA and regular PA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.