Christmas Cheer!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by thomas, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomas

thomas Member

Hello everyone,

I bought a tin of Christmas Cheer 2009 today and LOVE it (smoking it now). While I am smoking it, two questions keep nagging at me and I am hoping one of you may know.

A. What is the ketchup tin note that Mclelland blends seem to contain (this was my first one).

B. Does anyone know if there are significant changes between the Christmas Cheer blends year to year? In other words, if I grabbed a tin of the 2010, will I taste any differences between the two years?

Thanks in advance!

-Thomas

2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Rugs

3. thomas

thomas Member

Excellent! Thanks Rugs!

-Thomas

4. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

It isn't that McClelland makes virginia tobacco smell like ketchup, it is that Hunt's and Heinz make ketchup that smells like really, really good tobacco. Clever on their part, huh? They made it smell like really good tobacco and it became the top selling condiment. :cheers:

I love the way McClelland virginias smell.

5. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

'09 is simply the worst of the bunch. Send me your tins of '09 and I'll put it with the rest of mine and keep safely in my cellar and away from public consumption.

:puffy:

6. thomas

thomas Member

See the thing is, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the taste of 09, I think its some of the best virginia tobacco I have had in awhile, but I HATE that it smells like ketchup. I can definitely get past it but it is still bothersome.

Hehehe, Jesla, I would if I didn't pay $17 bucks for the tin, my local B&M that I tend to smoke at has TONS of it. Wanted to give it a go so I grabbed a tin and was surprised at the price when it was rung up!

To be honest though, for me at least, it's worth it!

-Thomas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.