Christmas In July!

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by nesta, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Seasons greetings!

Today, as you're all well aware, is July 23....that means tomorrow is July 24th, or Christmas-in-July Eve!

Lets celebrate together! On the 24th and 25th, get out your Christmas-y blends (Christmas Cheer, Holiday Spirit, SG Christmas Mixture, etc.), tins or bulk you got for Christmas gifts, gifted pipes, whatever you got and fire up the old yule pipes together :th1:

If you're Jewish or something I guess you can smoke with us, too. Just get a nice clay pipe or something (Bulldog, bulldog, bulldog, I made you out of clay....just teasing, folks!)

Everyone else who doesn't celebrate Christmas is also welcome to participate. This is in no way meant to be exclusionary, just good natured fun for the heck of it.

Come on! Lets see some holiday spirit!

Pschoppy48 likes this.

2. Beale

Beale Active Member

Bah Humbug! :)

yinyang likes this.
  3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Ebeneeeezerrrrrr Scrrrrooooooooogggge!!

Beale likes this.
  4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Ho Ho Ho................ a bunch o' "Ho's" :D

Christmas Cheer is a definitely in this heat! Bigger the bowl the better! Rock it out Santa Nesta, where's Rudolph????:whis:

Ed
    Puff

5. telltime

telltime Active Member

I'm in... Good idea nesta!

There is a D.C. radio station that plays nothing but Christmas music 24/7 starting the day after Thanksgiving all the way through Christmas day, and I think they have a Christmas in July day tomorrow or the next.

I'll tune them in and light up a Christmas blend and DREAM of cooler temperatures in the 100 degree heat.

6. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

Any leads on a Festivus blend?

7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Borkum Riff.

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

'05 Christmas Cheer burnin' in a Tinsky. Happy "Hot"-idays piperz! ;)

Ed
    Puff

telltime likes this.
  9. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

It's 125* at 515PM. Yup, just like Christmas :P

10. Beale

Beale Active Member

Does The Grinch make a tobacco?

11. telltime

telltime Active Member

Nice play on words, Ed!

12. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Grinch Blend : 50 % mixture 79 , 25 % Radford Sherry and Cherry , 20 % Borkum Riff Whiskey , 5 % Latakia :byg:

13. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Christmas Cheer 95 in a tinsky.

14. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Good job cellaring that. My friend has some '99 and that's about as old as I've seen around lately.

15. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Thanks, but it was not my doing, just a very generous friend. I was not even legal to smoke back then. I also did not understand cellaring until I found this site a year ago. I currently have a few tins of it...not sure it will make 15 years...

16. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I know what you mean. My local tobacconist is sort of cellaring it for us around here. They always order too much of it, and I think they've got tins dating back to 2004 or 2005 on the shelf right now. :byg:

17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

hmm...have they increased the price since then? might we worth getting some pre-aged blends :)

18. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Well, Riegel's is pretty notorious for keeping up with the manufacturers' price increases whether it cost them more or it's NOS. I'll take a look when I'm at the Georgetown store next time. Thinking of picking up another cob from them in the near future. I think they've got either Prides or Washingtons besides the Legends that they usually carry.

19. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It's starting to rain and such out here, but the rubbed out leaf is about to be stuffed in that pipe (the unrubbed flakes are in the tin) and I'm about to step out onto the porch with pipe and computer

Edit: ahhh, that's better :)

20. telltime

telltime Active Member

For the Christmas Eve in July... First, I checked the local radio station tonight, and no Christmas music yet... their is a link on their website where you can stream Christmas Music, but they aren't playing it on air yet. But I did step out tonight with a cob (thinkin' about a snowman) loaded with Christmas Cheer (2005). Now here's the weird part, well maybe not weird, but kind of neat:

I walked down to the mailbox (our neighborhood has those community mailboxes) to get this weekends mail (didn't get it yesterday). As I was coming back up the sidewalk, not 20 paces away, was a huge deer.

Deer are not uncommon in our neighborhood. As a matter of fact, when Puff was over one night about a month ago, he spotted a couple while out on my deck in the neighbors yard. But I don't see them every night.

The reason I find it neat tonight is because of what I tell the kids whenever we see a deer (that's not dead on side of the road). It all started during the actual Christmas season (after Thanksgiving in our household) about three years ago. One morning, we were eating breakfast and some deer were seen in our neighbors backyard from our slider door (just about the same area where Puff spotted them). My son was very excited, and for some reason I came up with an idea... I told him and my daughter that it was one of Santa's spies, probably Comet or Dasher, and he was checking to see if they were being good or not and was flying back to the North Pole to tell Santa. They were GREAT the rest of the day!

So tonight, smoking the Christmas Cheer, spotting that deer, that's what I thought of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.