1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Christmas Morning

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by CalPiper, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

What is Reiner's Professional like? I've considered trying it.

2. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

I just got a Peterson XL90 Killarney the other day. Absolutely beautiful pipe! I'm almost afraid to smoke it!!! (not) I think I shal smoke that for the first time on Christmas Day.. I just havent decided to whether to dedicate it to aro or non-aro tobies. Hmmmm decisions, decisions.........

3. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Nice idea for a thread, Cal'.

When celebration is at hand I am often reaching for the insanely large Yanik Cabbage meer. No doubt it'll pair with Compton's Macedonian Mixture. There is no holiday miracle on the horizon that will permit this to happen in the house. I see myself in a rocker on the back porch listening to Christmas music, dressed for 55°.

CalPiper likes this.
  4. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Same here..... only probably more like 35

5. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I asked Santa for a MM Freehand. If I get that, I'll be smoking it. If not, then probably my Pete Sherlock Holmes with some Squadron Leader that I've been saving for a special occassion. Then, again, I've been thinking about trying one of the CAO aromatics in a bent Ben Wade, and my favorite baccy shop carries all of the CAO aros. Hhhmm.... decisions, decisions, decisions.

6. CalPiper

CalPiper Member

Yeah just had some of the CAO Eileen's Dream that I jarred a couple months ago and it was pretty good. Like smoking Bailey's Irish Cream. I thought it was going to be overly chemical tasting but it was very smooth.

7. user1975

user1975 Active Member

As it stands right now, I'll probably fire up some Bengal Slices in my Caminetto Oom Paul.

8. WayneTeipen

WayneTeipen Member

It's a high quality aromatic that, IMO, is very underappreciated. It has a nutty, sweet (but not overwhelmingly so) whiskey flavor and an amazing room note. When smoked properly (sipped) it burns dry and bite free and doesn't get goopy. It's one of the few aromatics I've tried that tastes good all the way to the end. It and Dan's DaVinci are two aromatics that I always keep around.

9. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

Thanks for the info. I'll order some next time I get a batch of baccy.

10. Capt

Capt Active Member

Every Christmas Eve and Day I smoke a TALL Joby Dansk freehand chock full o' Christmas cheer of varying years. This year will be either 1999 or 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.