1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Christmas Pipe Suspense....

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by jason1977, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

So my brother casually asks me yesterday as the family is all together under 1 roof (lord help us), "Hey, you still smoke a pipe?" I said, "I sure do, I have a pipe or 2 a day."
    He responds, "Nice, must be relaxing. Do you have a mirshum?" I said, "you mean a meerschaum?"
    (he said it weird)
    He said, yeah, that. I told him, "Yep, I've got one on the rack over here" (I showed it to him)
    He saw it, said..."hmmm".... and that was that. WHY does my brother who knows nothing about smoking know what a meer is? And WHY is he asking me Christmas eve if I own one?!? If I said yes I own one, would he have taken it back to the store while he was out today thinking, "oh well, he's already got one....??? He seemed disappointed when he said, "hmmm..."
    I made sure to praise them & said, "well you can never have too many of these.....I wish I had a few more, they bring out the flavor in anything you put in them!" He said, well THAT'S cool....
    .......all I keep thinking is "don't do anything stupid little brother.....don't do anything rash....."
    I may be unwrapping a pipe tomorrow, then again, I may not be.......LOL!!! It's driving me insane ;)

IrishRover, PipeSimmo and David Emond like this.
  2. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

Like being a little kid all over again!

jason1977 likes this.
  3. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

It's different when you're 35. When you're 8, you feel excited. When you're 35 it's torture!!! I'm hoping he wasn't thinking "eh, he's already got one...." ~hopefully he didn't do anything rash.....

Raffxr7 likes this.
  4. LostDog13

LostDog13 Yes, I'm a New World Samurai

I know I'm well ahead you time wise, but the suspense is killing me. Hopefully you open gifts early

5. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

If your brother, who knows nothing about meerschaum or pipes, decides to get you a pipe for Christmas, be afraid... be very afraid! :eek:

I hope he's a GOOD brother! :th1:

Raffxr7 likes this.
  6. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

:popc:... I can feel the anticipation! Sheesh... did he get you one or not ;)

7. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

well, sadly, he took the pipe back. he used the funds to get me 2 padron serie 1926 cigars. he thought I wouldn't be impressed by a meer because I already have one. So he told the guy in the B&M, "I want to get him something he'd say "wow" to. From the sound of it, he had a Church Warden in his hand while in there, but put it down for the 2 padrons.......eh.....Padrons are awesome........I love em, so good on him........I'll lay em down for a few months in the humidor. He did his best not knowing anything. I'll have to work on that...LOL!!! Merry Christmas everyone!!!

8. County Mountie

County Mountie Active Member

Oh well, maybe that meet ended up being someone's first pipe

jason1977 likes this.
  9. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Passes for human

10. Greatwall

Greatwall Member

:doh::poop: *Sigh* oh well.

jason1977 likes this.
  11. 1858remington

1858remington Active Member

take your brother to sears and exchance him for a new brother :xd:

jason1977 and MikeInMaine like this.
  12. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

As a pipe smoker I will admitt that from time to time I like a good cigar. A Padron Serie 1926 is not a good cigar--THEY ARE A PHENOMINAL cigar. Expensive as they are--if you have had any cigar experiences you should have one of those. One of the finest cigars I have ever smoked--GRANTED I like my pipes better, and only on rare occassion smoke a cigar, but your brother did not get you a bad gift at all--ENJOY it. My buddy got a pair of the Padron Serie 1926, and ask me to smoke one with him--I sat, and we talked, and I have only ever smoked three-----GREAT experience as he was not a pipe smoker, and just as your brother did--he thought it would be a kind, and nice gesture to enjoy over converstion, and spending time together. HECK----get your brother a pipe--invite him back--return the favor--maybe he will take that up, and learn of the pleasures it can bring.

jason1977 likes this.
  13. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

He says cigars smell like ass. He can't stand em. I offered.......he doesn't like smoking. No palate for it ;) lol. I've got these babies all to myself. Maybe I can share one w. someone later. For now they can rest in the cedar box for a bit

14. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Let me know when I can drop by....LOL

Raffxr7 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.