Christmas tobacco haul.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by craig, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craig

craig Active Member

hey guys hope your well.

So tis the season to be jolly and all that bollocks lol, so i thought a christmas present to me from me was in order i think i made a pretty good choice...

[​IMG]

The sweet peach is made by kendal, i have a thing for sweet aros and reading reviews over the last few weeks tempted me to have a try, so when in a shop that has a modest selection of pipe tobaccos and seen it, the answer was obvious.

The north star also made by kendal, is a straight up unflavoured, unscented virginia burley shag mix, as ive found out its good for breaking in new bowls and it has a nice flavour, it can get a bit on the hot side if you go at it too fast, and it does take some practice to get the packing right, but after some drying and the correct packing its a joy to smoke.

The condor longcut is a staple of brit otc tobaccos, i love condor, the ready rubbed is good but for some reason i prefer the long cut which is in flake form, the flavours are a tad richer and it is slightly stronger than its ready rubbed brother.

Now the balkan mix also by kendal i bought this on a whim really i want to give lat mixes a second chance, i did get the knack of them on my last bowls worth of this and never bought none since, but i will persevere, i remember the last time i had this, the aromas were amazing, smokey,camp fire, leathery, pungent smell, but smoke wise i was bit hmmmm about.

Obviously i will post updates soon.
    have a good day fellas

Mington, Rodfather, Morse and 3 others like this.

2. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Member

Looks like a tasty selection. Merry Christmas!

craig likes this.
  3. JRobert

JRobert Serious Cat Forum Guide

According to the giant notices on the labels. two of those kill you, but the other two only seriously harm you. Smoke those first.

4. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

Those big anti-smoking warnings kinda put a damper on the holiday cheer, but... what can you do? :bing:

5. craig

craig Active Member

merry christmas to you to hawk

6. craig

craig Active Member

good advice never thought of it like that the pictures on the back are ......"pretty"

7. craig

craig Active Member

true but over here smokey they have always been plastered on the packets for as long as i remember, although the past decade they have been getting bigger, but with them been on the packs so long i dont even notice them any more lol, but taking jroberts philosophy i will smoke the two that will only seriously harm me first lol

8. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Looks like a great bunch of tobacco! Santa bought you a nice gift! LOL..

Jeebs likes this.
  9. craig

craig Active Member

nah he didnt bring me it, i mugged him :D

Mington and IrishRover like this.
  10. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Ooooohhh, lookie at the Condor! Sweet!

craig and Jeebs like this.
  11. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Oh! What is North Star like?? :)

12. afiaowo

afiaowo Member

It would be nice if we had otc like those. The Condor and Balkan Mixture sound good to me.

craig likes this.
  13. craig

craig Active Member

Its quite nice its basically just a straight up un flavoured virginia burley shag mixture can get on the hot side if you try to rush but once you get packing and smoking technique sorted its a beautiful smoke very delicate flavours and i dont really care for basic virginia burley mixes but this one is stunning and good for breaking in new pipes.
    You can get it in bulk but its called kendal mixed blend unscented shag if your interested :D

14. craig

craig Active Member

Im guessing you are a fan of the soapy bird as well you have taste of the highest order stonewall :D

15. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I wish they would make a tobacco that only seriously harms those around me. I can think of several places I'd like to fire those blends up! :ohyh:

JRobert, Mington and jeff394 like this.
  16. craig

craig Active Member

yes same here, an anti smoking lobby groups head qaurters?

17. Imrandy

Imrandy Member

I love how 2 of them say they are harmful but the other 2 give a guarantee that they kill Guess i should have read all the posts someone else noticed this also

18. craig

craig Active Member

thats british mentality for you randy, the best one is it wont garantee too kill you or harm you, but it does say "smoking is highly addictive dont start" if your a bit of a dunce and its on the back of the pack its going to be a bit of a bummer.

19. Imrandy

Imrandy Member

Not just British mentality i remember a couple years back a lady won a court case. She got cancer and blamed the tobacco company she thought that light cigs were better for you than full flavor. Now they cant call cigs lights or ultra lights or mediums. Not sure what they call them now havent bought a pack of cigs in years but just figures that if they dont put the big label on them someone can win in court.

20. craig

craig Active Member

over here we cant call cigs lights ultra lights or anything like that anymore, basically the packs are colour coded like they will have a small part of the packet a certain colour general rule of thumb is red is full strength, blue is the lights green is menthol
    unless you smoke silk cut which then its like smoking fresh air, marlboros have the reds for full strength, golds for the lights and silver for ultra lights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.