Cigar Blind Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Gents,

I just got the go-ahead from Woody to start a "Cigar Blind Review" thread.

I'm open to suggestions as to how best do this, but here's what I'm thinking.

I'll send 3 cigars to anyone that is interested in doing a Blind Review of them.
They will be numbered but will not have bands (I'll remove them).

All you have to do is smoke them and give some feedback (flavor, burn profile, draw, etc.). I promise no tricks or nasty cigars. I don't think I could ID a cigar unless it's something I've smoked "regularly" but if you can, go for it.

Who's interested? What do you think?

Spill

Take 15% off Cigar Gifts! Use Promo Code: GIFT15 at cart

Rewster66

I would definitely be interested Dave, that sounds like a hoot, but I don't want to get in any one else's way, plus these other guys know so much more than me about cigars.:)

Bob K

I'm game. For what it's worth, my own preference is for moderate size (palma / petit corona) and oily colorado or colorado-maduro wrappers. Really, anything is okay, just not too light.

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
SidZiff has already volunteered to send out the first batch. Since Rew was the first to respond, I figure they outta go to him.

So... Sid and Rew- get to PM'ing!

I'll PM Bob and we'll get the "second round" going asap.

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Cool Phinz!

Rewster and Bob will be the first ones up. Let's see who get their stuff first and gets to smoking.
Then we'll hook you up.

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Dave, I assume that we are doing this just like the Blind Review's for pipe tobacco, would that be correct? :)

Oh yeah, and a great idea by the way!!! :thu2:
Yes Rew, that's the idea here and thanks for clarifying.
Hopefully this string will perpetuate itself once we get it off the ground.

Get some/Give some.

Timmy

I'm not familiar with the pipe tobacco blind review, so I'm just operating off of context here; but is this kinda like the person who gets the cigars and reviews them then sends 3 of their own numbered unlabeled cigars to the next person?

I'm not familiar with the pipe tobacco blind review, so I'm just operating off of context here; but is this kinda like the person who gets the cigars and reviews them then sends 3 of their own numbered unlabeled cigars to the next person?
Yes that is essentially the idea.

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Yep Tim that's it. Get some cigars from someone and then send some off.
And before anyone even jokes about it, this is not the 'send off some cigars I don't want' thread.
We're sharing, not playing screw your neighbor ;-)

phinz

So that now that I know who I'm getting mine from, do I wait for the next name, or do I send them off to my partner in crime? Is this back and forth or round robin style?

Status
Not open for further replies.