Cigar Blind Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mount Mandolin

:nwor:

Thanks again Russ. You were more than generous. I hope you enjoy the rest of the package I sent you, even if none of it is as rare and wonderful as that.

On the other hand, how funny is it that a two-month-old Headley Grange stole the show and beat out a 13-year-old CC? Although the LGC was so well blended and well aged that I had trouble reviewing or ranking it at all, truth be told. But yeah, this thread is the best. Glad to be a part of it.

Mount Mandolin

Holy cow. What a rare treat! and discontinued entirely! That's what I love about this thread!
Tell me about it. I'm not worthy, man. Totally not worthy. I knew that thing was special the minute I laid eyes on it, and then when I saw his instructions to handle it carefully and smoke it away from any wind, I knew I was in for a treat. And what a treat it was.

Russ

Cigar #2

Beautiful box pressed cigar. Nice chocolate brown, almost like a candy bar.

This was a great cigar. The draw was way open, it produced smoke like a freight train, it was effortless.
The spice factor was way low, it was there but not in your face, what it did have was a creamy sweet flavor. It stayed very consistent throughout, just a very delicious cigar. I would smoke these on a regular basis, and I would buy a box no doubt. The retrohale, was great, no burning at all, and it just brought out the flavors even more. I really enjoyed this one.

My guess,
Flor de Las Antillas

Russ

Cigar #3

This was a wonderful little cigar. Again, a very creamy cigar, with a nice nutty finish. The flavors stayed the same throughout, there was one little bump in the wrapper that was driving me insane and I kept finding myself wanting to pick it off like a scab. But I controlled myself and just smoked away. By far out of the 3 that I have smoked so far, this was my favorite. But I am partial to small coronas and Lanceros, so this was the perfect cigar for me.

Im gonna call it a CC but not sure of the maker. I am thinking Trinidad, but again not sure.

Mount Mandolin

Russ was right about number two. It was a Flor de las Antillas toro. Number three was wrong, however (although it was a great review). Number three was a La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial, in the Minutos vitola. Both great smokes, if you ask me.

Russ

First off I would like to thank Ed for 4 wonderful cigars, I do love this blind review, love smoking a cigar that I have no idea what it is.

Ok, this cigar is beautiful, the construction is damn near perfect. The wrapper is smooth, and velvety. It smelled very sweet, and was a bit salty on the pre light draw. When I lit her up, the flavors were there, the ones that I LOVE, leather, and spice, yet a touch of sweetness, and nice creamy smoke. This is one of the few times you will see me write a review in sections, but here goes...

First third was spicey and leathery, was really nice, with a sweet creamy finish.

Second third, the spice toned down but the leather kicked up and a pure delicious tobacco taste took over where the spice left off.

The final third was the same, but did get a bit bitter, but thats ok, I like the bitter, and I smoked it till my fingers burned.

The ash was a nice thick white that held firm even after it dropped with a thud.

Over all this was a delicious cigar, and I will smoke many more of these, but I will say that #3 for me stole the show.

Thanks again Ed, for these great cigars.

Oh yeah, Liga #9

Status
Not open for further replies.