1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

clay-reed combo

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Whalehead King, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

I didn't want to highjack theclay thread here. I was interested enough in clays though to look up my favorite source for tricorner hats (I know: there are so many).

This company offers clay bowls with a reed stem, which I would think offers the benefit of ghost-free smoking without the "tooth-feel" of a solid clay. Has anyone tried anything like this?

The bowls look a little small and I don't know how durable a reed would be. The price is right, however, even if I'm not currently in the market. They are nice looking pipes and Jas. Townsend & Son strive to make everything as authentic as possible.

Thanks,
    WK

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

I really like these and could be tempted to give one a try. Should save the excessive heat you get with an all clay pipe, and from my experience with a reed stemmed cob the mouth feel would be just fine.

How long do they last - I've a Dodge Trucks Corncob from the 1940s still going strong and tasting great,

Best to all

Gerry

3. JesseDL

JesseDL Member

those look pretty neat! will have to pick one up some time :D I like the old school look to them.

4. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

Let us know what you think. I just ordered something from them and had a pipe in my cart but backed out at the last minute. I've decided my next pipe is going to be Bing's favorite. If I make too many additions, my head will explode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.