• This forum is for DIY Repair, Maintenance & Restoration. It is for people seeking advice on maintaining their own pipes. It is not for showing off commercial work done by yourself or anyone else.

Coastie3202's amazing work

Status
Not open for further replies.

User3940

Thanks guys. I do this work out of the pure love of it. I love holding the pipe, working the briar, adding a flare to the pipe using the briar and grain that is there. I don't do this for monetary gain, but more for the reactions that I get from the pipe owner. I love nothing better than to hear everyone's input, good or bad. The tin of tobacco is simply a way to offset the cost of postage and materials. I have found a hobby that I absolutely love. Whenever I do work for PSF members I ask for an unopened tin of their favorite tobacco. This allows me to experience a wide range of blends, which is another love of mine.

Give me a choice of sitting and watching TV with the wife in a warm cozy house, or sitting in my frigid workshop working briar, I will be in the workshop every time. Ask my wife. She thinks I'm crazy. She may be correct.

Yep, Rekampip is sending a couple of pipestone pipes that I can work. Should be an interesting and possibly expensive experience. :xd:

Thanks guys. I do this work out of the pure love of it. I love holding the pipe, working the briar, adding a flare to the pipe using the briar and grain that is there. I don't do this for monetary gain, but more for the reactions that I get from the pipe owner. I love nothing better than to hear everyone's input, good or bad. The tin of tobacco is simply a way to offset the cost of postage and materials. I have found a hobby that I absolutely love. Whenever I do work for PSF members I ask for an unopened tin of their favorite tobacco. This allows me to experience a wide range of blends, which is another love of mine.

Give me a choice of sitting and watching TV with the wife in a warm cozy house, or sitting in my frigid workshop working briar, I will be in the workshop every time. Ask my wife. She thinks I'm crazy. She may be correct.

Yep, Rekampip is sending a couple of pipestone pipes that I can work. Should be an interesting and possibly expensive experience. :xd:
You mite try an electric engraver..these have variable speeds and a carbide tip ..designed for steel stone would be no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.