COB CONFESSIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will put on my big boy pants and admit when I am wrong,I am finding myself smoking my cobs more than my briars lately I just love them they are my go to pipe my only complaint is I wish there was an alternative to pipe mud or a pipe mud service. ( I will supply my own saliva) Is there anyone that sells a pre mudded or corrected cob?

Take 15% off Cigar Gifts! Use Promo Code: GIFT15 at cart

DGErwin11

Staff member
I have a couple of cobs. Never used pipe mud. All is good. I doubt it adds to the longevity. My newest cob is over 2 years old, unmudded and still going strong. And has a nice rounded bottom.

I only recently found the need to mud a cob when I fell in live with the Morgan Nosewarmer, which has a crazy-thin bottom. Other than this one shape, I don't mud them and never saw the need.

I just started to get into cobs so can offer no insight, but I think Aristicob sells a pipe mud you can buy and mix up yourself. Not sure how that would prevent the sucking in hot ash though. I also recommend the Forever Stems from Walker, just got my first one last week and am loving it. I've also been eyeing those modified by DGE, have my eyes on a General with a nosewarmer stem.

Calidadd

yeah, I must admit since bought mine I'm very drawn to it. I have about a dozen or so briar pipes, a meer in there & I've been neglecting them since my cob came into the picture. I didn't know what I was missing.:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.