1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Cob pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by rusty, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rusty

rusty Member

Since seeing what I think was a card of Cob pipes on the wall of my local tobacconists the other day, Iv been thinking of getting one. I just wondered how much they are in the uk, as there wasnt a price on them I could see, and they werent on my wants list at the time, and if there is anything I need to watch out for when getting one? Thanks.

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

You want the entire card of pipes? I know some who buy them that way. I've got a few (in a collection of cobs) some vintage and some current production. Go for it! Only problem with buying 'em on a card, is you end up buying more cards full that it may end up into a Cobb Acquisition Disorder or "CAD" :roflmao:

3. rusty

rusty Member

No just one pipe, :0laugh:

4. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Under £6.00 usually in the UK - the only snag is in Britain you can usually only buy the Legends ( which are fine) If you want the rest of the range, and the Diplomat is really good (size balance smokeability durability) Google Missouri Meerschaum - they do mail order, postage isn't expensive and the last ones I ordered arrived in Scotland three days later.

The Corncob Companion and Miscellaneous (this Forum) has some notes on looking after them and some notes which may help the British Corncob purchaser/smoker.

Best as always

Gerry

5. rusty

rusty Member

Thanks Gerry, Ill take a look.

6. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

Six pounds sterling is about twelve bucks and change, maybe a tad more. Not bad but my wife has her eye out for cobs now that we live in Louisiana and they are for sale in the drug store. She noticed a Legend for sale for twelve dollars and commented that that's too much! At another drug store she saw the price was $5. "That's more like it," she said. We don't really talk pipes often but she must be getting price-sensitive through osmosis.

Shipping from MM runs about $5 an order in the States and I haven't run up an order big enough for them to ask for more. I don't know what it runs for overseas but if you buy enough it should outweigh the exchange rate. I hate to advise running around a local B&M but the money will go straight to a manufacturer I think we can all agree deserves every penny for a quality product.

Cheers.
    WK

7. rusty

rusty Member

I cant find the corncob companian and miscellanious, could you point me in the right direction please, Iv been looking and been having no luck, thanks.

8. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

It's in "Budget Pipes and Tobaccos" Forum - click Forums and you're there or use the search box at the top RHS,

Best Meantime

Gerry

9. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

10. rusty

rusty Member

Thanks very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.