Coffee Flavored Blends

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Pecci, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Can anyone recommend a favorite? Besides enjoying it solo, I'd like to try it with a bit of Latikia. Seems like that may make a tasty combo.

2. pipedrum22

pipedrum22 Member

I've never heard of coffee flavored blends...sounds interesting though. If someone has recommendations I'd like to know as well:puffy:

3. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

This is the only one that comes to mind at the moment...

McClelland Bulk #620 Mocha Black

This Black Cavendish is rich with coffee extract and dark chocolate. You will think you can taste Chicory in this hearty coffee blend. It has a delicious flavor, not too sweet, and is a very satisfying smoke.

Mington likes this.
  4. Jazzzzzzz1

Jazzzzzzz1 Member

I'll second the McClelland #620 Mocha Black. Pipesandcigars.com I believe has a coffee sampler! :bing:

Mington likes this.
  5. BigG

BigG Member

I really like Peretti's Coffee Blend. Great in the AM with a cup of my better half's fresh brewed!

Mington likes this.
  6. tmc93

tmc93 New Member

C&D do a mocha blend

7. Ephraim

Ephraim Member

Georgetown Tobacco has a blend, "Cafe Noisette": https://www.gttobacco.com/secure/item_details.asp?id=72
    Here's their description: "Black Cavendish, Burley and Virginia tobaccos are flavored with hearty coffee extract, dark chocolate and mellow hazelnut."

I haven't tried it, but I used to smoke some of their other blends almost exclusively when I lived near DC. Great tobacconists.

8. User3940

User3940 Active Member

How about Super Value Amaretto. Very very good. I know....I'm a cheap bastard. :fpalm:

Mington likes this.
  9. Dan Manchester

Dan Manchester Member

Voodoo Queen by Altadis is pretty darn good. And it's cheap. Just give her a little dry time.

mugwump likes this.
  10. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Yea....a new one to the TAD list!
    heh
    I have and like Peretti's Coffee Blend too.

11. mugwump

mugwump Member

I keep a jar of this handy as well. Don't smoke it more than a few times a year but I do enjoy it.

12. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I have been enjoying Peter Stokkebye's Mellow Mocha. VA and Orientals with a a nice mocha aroma. A little bitey, but a divine room note and great tasting with the right tempo of course.

13. mattia76

mattia76 Member

So Just for Him in Springfield, MO sells a blend called Morning Coffee. I don't know if they blend it themselves or get it from somewhere, but it's a dead-ringer in smell for my morning coffee. It is definitely an aromatic and it will leave your pipe more wet than you desire and it might just bite a bit more than most tobaccos. But such is the price you pay for the delicious aroma. Like most aros, I couldn't always get it to taste as good as it smelled.

14. buistd

buistd Sales Account

4noggins have a blend called Double Fantasy. Coffee and chocolate. It smells amazing, and some of the aromatics transfer to the taste too which is a pleasant bonus.

15. Dr Dover

Dr Dover Member

Not knowing what is available in your area, may I recommend Millstone's "Foglifter"? Works well with creamers and sugar, if that's your thing. I like it as it comes from the pot. Name says it all, first thing in the morning. Has worked well with every blend I have smoked so far. Best combo ever..... Foglifter, Navy Flake, and a freshly filled birdfeeder. It makes for a great start for the day. Sit, sip, smoke and laugh!

16. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Here's another one..

McClelland Bulk #710 Columbian Mocha

A smooth, medium mixture of Black Cavendish and Virginia tobaccos enhanced by the rich fragrance of dark chocolate and mellow Columbian coffee beans.

Jazzzzzzz1 likes this.
  17. Dr Dover

Dr Dover Member

I guess I need to read and pay attention too! I thought you were asking for coffee that blends well with pipe smoking. Sorry, I'll do better next time.

Calvinandpipe likes this.
  18. Jazzzzzzz1

Jazzzzzzz1 Member

That sounds good!

cobbsmoker likes this.
  19. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Oh, that's ok, Dr. D.

Hey thanks to all. I've sent for McC. Mocha Black & 4Noggins own coffee blend. I'll start there.

I'll follow-up after trying.

20. Badcompany

Badcompany Member

+1 for Morning Coffee.I've been smoking this for six years,great stuff.But remember to smoke it slowly to get the full flavor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.