College Pipers sound off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gentimmy

If you're currently enrolled in classes at a University, let's hear where you go to school and if there's a Club group dedicated to our great hobby!

I'm interested in starting one here at Ole Miss but it's my last year ...God willing...

Coda

I am in college. There are no clubs devoted to pipes. In fact, they have been passing about a survey, asking whether smoking should be banned on campus entirely...

I'm spending a couple years at Minneapolis Community and Technical College, since it is free for me, and I can knock out some pre-reqs.

No pipe club, and I've never seen anyone else smoking a pipe.

Studying Interaction Design at Umeå Institute of Design at Umeå University in Sweden. No other pipe smokers around the campus as far as I've seen, but we're also detached from the main campus by a couple of miles (we're 130 students versus about 35000 in the main campus) so there might very well be a few up there. I've only ever seen one other person in this city smoking a pipe though, and that was a person my age (30ish) passing me on the street, both of us smoking a pipe, sharing a recognizing nod between us. A distinguished gentleman in the making I would say.

buistd

I study Biology at the University of Sussex. Seen an old guy strolling around with a pipe in his mouth a couple of times but that's about it. I get my smoking club needs from Pipe Club of London and Hastings Old Town Board Games and Smoking Club - I see Pipe Dwarf at both, and SteveH at PCoL.

Preacher1611

Does being the "instructor" of a satellite school count? I already graduated and then took over "instructing" from my Pastor: Faith Bible Institute, satellite location, Malta, NY. Only pipe smoker there right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.