College Pipers sound off!

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by gentimmy, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

You'll be one of the first that the antis round up for the re-education camp cuz you're a med student who smokes. Don't you have access to their propagan...er... scientific studies?

2. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Its not a petition to stop it, just a survey on whether students think it should be done. They wont ban it...half of the faculty would go on strike...

3. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I am not a MacArthur fan. He had waaaaay too much of a Caesar complex. Truman got rid of him at the right time. If he waited any longer, things would most likely have been much worse...however, his landing at Inchon was pure genius...and pure luck.

4. RTOdhner

That's how their nefarious plans always start.

5. RTOdhner

Agreed. His handling of the Bonus Army affair should have been a clear warning that the man had some serious issues. I've heard apologists say that he was just following orders, but I'm not buying it. He could have handled the affair in a less high-handed manner. An officer who was willing to turn on his own brothers-in-arms in such a manner would have no problem turning on his President, or disregarding that Presidents orders, or placing his own ego above the best interest of the troops he commanded or the nation he was sworn to defend. Inchon was a brilliant manuever, but crossing the Yalu was pure ego turned to folly of the most disastrous sort.

6. Eddie

Eddie Member

Yes I do and that's why I smoke. There is info proving that is isn't too bad in moderation,

RTOdhner likes this.
  7. SmokeySwamp

SmokeySwamp Member

I'm currently a senior, studying Biology with a concentration in Environmental Sustainability/Sustainable Forestry at Georgia Southern University in Statesboro.

I actually know about 12 different people who all smoke pipes on campus, but as far as I know, they only smoke on occasion. There is definitely no pipe club on campus though. Like just about everywhere else, seeing a pipe smoker in public draws a ridiculous amount of stares and incurs the wrath of the antis, so most of my smoking happens on the balcony. Got to keep the appearance of 'normal' and whatnot, don't we? :bag: (Except at my coffeeshop, the Daily Grind, where I smoke early some mornings with my coffee. Let em' stare.)

8. ReeRan

ReeRan Member

MBA with a specialization in supply chain management at San Diego State and only one more class to go!

I haven't seen any pipe smokers on campus, just a lot of gorgeous girls enjoying the sunshine!

9. JoeSmall

JoeSmall Member

I smoked a pipe in college 20 years ago :D :hip1:

Preacher1611 and gentimmy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.