College Students?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDLanoue

I'm just curious how many other college students (maybe even high school students) pipe enthusiasts we have on here. I started smoking a pipe when I began college, as did my grandfather, and I find it to be almost an essential part of the experience.

Thoughts? Anyone else feel that way?

Sweatsack

Montana Tech engineering student here.

It was a professor who used to smoke outside one of the halls here that inspired me to start.

NDLanoue

That's awesome. I'm at Washington and Lee. I had a religion teacher in Germany who used to smoke a pipe during class (Wasn't legal, but he didn't care). He would sit and lecture about philosophy and smoke a pipe (cliche but cool) - that was my source of inspiration. I don't think any of my professors smoke here.

I'm at the Naval Academy. There are actually several guys here who smoke pipes, and there is a nice little hole-in-the-wall pipe/cigar shop in town to keep up the habit.

NDLanoue

The Naval Academy is an impressive school, both aesthetically and academically. I visited there when I was touring colleges and just thought it was a beautiful school. That's cool that you still get a chance to smoke up there.

Yeah when we get the time and the weather's right we can step outside for a puff.

I thought there would be more college students on here actually, but I guess it is a bit of an old man habit...

Alexander

The Catholic University of America: School of Philosophy Student here! Pipe smoking has been my favorite new hobby here, actually.

NDLanoue

Wydeboi said:
"but I guess it is a bit of an old man habit... "

Hey! I resemble that remark! :XD:
I go by the whole expression of "old at heart." (Nothing to do with the username). Like I said, I would give anything to go back to the heyday of pipe smoking.

Alexander said:
The Catholic University of America: School of Philosophy Student here! Pipe smoking has been my favorite new hobby here, actually.
A fellow philosophy student! That's awesome. A friend of mine went to law school at Catholic.

NDLanoue

Most definitely not. In fact, my girlfriend is a philosophy major, as well. She was the one who convinced me to put a picture of Russell as my avatar.

Pipe smoking and philosophy are just made for each other. Philosophy is actually a fairly popular major here at W&L.

Alexander

NDLanoue said:
Most definitely not. In fact, my girlfriend is a philosophy major, as well. She was the one who convinced me to put a picture of Russell as my avatar.

Pipe smoking and philosophy are just made for each other. Philosophy is actually a fairly popular major here at W&L.
Hm, the world will have to adjust to our poorness

dubhdarra

i guess its an old folks habit, but i'm a nontrad, i've got the physical health of a 65 year old, most of my friends are 45+ and my boss calls me "old man" because i don't like computers, make everything by hand, and bitch about how much better things used to be.

its also kind of telling that i'm a medieval studies major and my job entails making crap no one has legitimately used in 900 years...

wowsley

Soil and Crop Science major here (with an unofficial focus in advanced tobacco studies, very rewarding of course :XD:) at Colorado State. Started smoking cigars freshman year and switched over to piping pretty recently.

dubhdarra

haha FoCo... good times... that place was the one thing keeping me sane in laramie, every time 287 or the pass got shut down i knew my week was going to be hell.

wowsley

Haha yea I've got a few friends in Laramie and they say the same thing :XD: It's no wonder why I don't make it up there to often lol

Status
Not open for further replies.