1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Comoy Stem

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Scotty Cameron, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scotty Cameron

Scotty Cameron Member

I have a Comoy Christmas 1997 pipe that I broke the stem on. I still have the pieces but my question is this. Is it better to try to fix the broken stem or can a guy get a replacement stem for this pipe? If it is possible to get a new stem how would you go about that?

Just an FYI the pieces of the stem fit together perfectly.

Scotty,

2. Klauswermann

Klauswermann Member

I know there are people that can fix broken stems pretty wonderfully, but I have no clue which is cheaper. As for replacing the stem, you can get a new one custom built, or maybe contact Comoy to see if they can send a replacement.

3. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

There is (If I remember) several repair guys authorized(or at least, able) to add the 'C' to their aftermarket replaced stemwork. Hopefully someone else can verify this...maybe even mention who.

4. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

Dave Walker of Walker Briar works is your man. I don't think yours has a 3 piece C so it should be a piece of cake.

Stonewall likes this.
  5. Scotty Cameron

Scotty Cameron Member

Thank you Rod, I sent him an email and am waiting to hear back. She was a good smoker and I would like to get her back in working order.

6. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Yep! Just sent Dave my Tracy Mincer Canadian and my Ben Wade Brogue. He's fixin' em' both for me.

7. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

Glad you got your info Scotty, Comoy's are nice pipes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.