Conundrum

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by user3610, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

Glad you have been taken care of. I have run into backorders with tobacco before. I usually suspect a supply issue when several are out of the same product at the same time. My most recent situation was also with Pipes and Cigars. They were terrific. Of course, I wasn't wed to the specific blend I ordered that was out of stock, which was part of a larger order. I just asked for a replacement recommendation. They suggested something that was a little more expensive, did not charge me any additional, and it was at my doorstep just a few days later.

user3610 likes this.

2. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Passes for human

I have some tobaccos on backorder right now. They let me know immediately.

3. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Being a member of PSF gives us a great opportunity to ask other members questions about a vendors service. PSF is getting too big not to be noticed by them. They have their reputations too.

I think P&C, SP and 4 Noggins do a great job suppyling us with our needs. Any problem I had was small and was resolved to my satisfaction within two days. Give them a couple of days.

Coastal Bend and N3M0 like this.
  4. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Ive been waiting on an 8oz ton of Sutliff's R-Blend from P&C for about a week and a half. Im hoping they get a shipment soon, cause I am nearly out...

5. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

I had a backorder with P&C a while back. I ordered $100 worth to get the free shipping, but 3 tins were back ordered. They informed me by email of this when they shipped the order, gave me the free shipping, didn't charge my card until the back order was filled and shipped that to me for free as well.

Coastal Bend likes this.
  6. JRobert

JRobert Hermit Forum Guide

I've noticed that tobacco on the SP site changes from "available" to "unavailable" and back, sometimes within a few days. They seem to keep the site pretty well updated, and their customer service is very responsive. I'm just happy I can still mail order and choose from a wide variety. I have a friend in China (originally from Germany) and he almost cried when he saw the selection and prices at SP. We're lucky.

7. ShawnP

ShawnP Member

I usually see a backordered or out of stock item on multiple vendors at the same time. It's usually not just one. I did however place an order with P&C and 3 tins tuned out to be out of stock. I notified me right away and by the time I replied to them (next day) they let me know they already had it.

No issues here, I can't expect everything to be in stock but dammit will someone get Sugar Barrel in stock????????????

8. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Passes for human

I've been trying to get a tub of Sugar Barrel too.:( Out of stock everywhere I look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.