1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Corleone Pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by User3940, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Amazingly enough a tobacco shop just opened in this little desert dust hole. Okay, actually it is a "head shop" that decided that there may be more money to make by carrying cigars, cigar swag, pipes and tobacco. But it is a start, and I don't imagine they will stick around long. Nothing ever does around here.

Okay, enough whining. Onto the question. They have a display case with a very nice selection of Dr. Grabow pipes on the top shelf and a beautiful selection of a pipe that I had not heard of: Corleone. I was able to look closely at the pipe and they appeared to be nicely made, they are rosewood, a good bowl shape, good looking airway, decent bit, etc etc. And the price is in the $25.00 to $30.00 range.

Has anyone heard of these, have one, blew one up, etc?

Signed: Cheap Bastard Looking for a Deal :bag:

2. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

If I were them, I would sell a meer carved in the shape of a horses head...

bubbagump likes this.
  3. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Folks around here can't tell the difference between each end of a horse. So you know what ya would get...right?

Raffxr7 likes this.
  4. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

Corleone? Besides Corn Cob pipes that are inexpensive and smoke exceptionnaly well, I am not so sure about pipes made from Rosewood. These, like Olive wood, are less resistant to heat and burns than briar is.

And, franckly, anything similar to briar being sold around $25-30, is probably not going to be a good smoke. It is not necessary to pay $500 to have a great smoking pipe, but the opposite - you can pay $25 to get a great smoking pipe - may not apply.

Plus, Rosewood is a rather recent material for pipes. I am not sure of the feedbacks on them.

But then you're the one who will smoke them, Coastie. It's your call.

5. Steve IoM

Steve IoM Member

I guess that could look quite amusing, smoke coming our a horse's arse... or any arse-shaped pipe for that matter. If it's a head shop maybe suggest it?

6. Steve IoM

Steve IoM Member

I guess that could look quite amusing, smoke coming our a horse's arse... or any arse-shaped pipe for that matter. If it's a head shop maybe suggest it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.