1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Curious...

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by LifeOfRiley, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Member

Was somewhat interested in this piece on eBay, but didn't bid. Do any of you see anything particular about this pipe that would generate 27 bids, including a huge flurry in the last 10 seconds? I liked the thing ok, but it just seems to be a no-name, made-in-England resto project. Not even a picture of the top of the bowl. Nice sandblasting though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MADE-IN-LON...Domain_0&hash=item337ee27015&autorefresh=true

2. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

Looks like a few bidders just battling it up 50 cents at a time.

3. Imrandy

Imrandy Member

I watched it for a bit and decided to get this one instead looks like a better smoker

[​IMG]

4. lifeon2

lifeon2 Member

For that many bids it sure didnt go very high.

5. Imrandy

Imrandy Member

Look at the bidders see all the bids by the person with 0 feedback bumping up the bids HUMMM that is weird. When i see that i usually will stop bidding on an item. We all know its the seller if not then it sure looks like it is.

Smokingmiami likes this.
  6. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I had that on my watch list for a few days, but removed it when the number of bidders increased. it looked like a Ben Wade or Charatan copy (or second) or of that style. I didn't pursue it because it looked to have water damage, and the bid went beyond what I felt was worth the risk.

Someone sure thought well of it though.

7. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

mmm....some sellers think - if it's stamped 'Made in London' - it's got to be hot stuff!, I don't make it too much of a consideration.
    OT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.