1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Custom Pipe Makers

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Nonpareil, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nonpareil

Nonpareil Member

Hi there folks! After a long hiatus entering the forum (deployment) im finally back! And as always im thinking what pipe do i want next. The last two pipes that i bought before leaving were commisioned by me to Mr. Mark Tinsky, and i have another one waiting for me to come back, also made by him. Now, I will like to see what u guys like, your maker's masterpiece commisioned by you...

2. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I have an Askwith that is a
    great little nosewarmer.
    Made of morta, and a green
    cumberland stem. My
    commuter pipe. :thumb:

dp

3. Nonpareil

Nonpareil Member

Pics please!!

4. daveinlax

daveinlax Member

In my years I never felt the need to commission a pipe. I have a hard enough time not buying great pipes I see at shows and daily on eBay to have the money when a truly must have pipe shows up. I know many guys who have bought not quite right commissions because they didn't want to tell the carver they didn't like the pipe. :bling:

5. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Oh....okay..

[​IMG]

Not smoking it this month due
    to MMM/2011, but next month
    it's back to the grindstone!

dp

6. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

I love my Jan P and Son pipes I have 5 of them now. Also Bob Davidson makes a heck of a pipe for the money. But my prize pipe is a Larrysson drip wax. It is artwork and not just a pipe.

7. Nonpareil

Nonpareil Member

Well I think there needs to be a really good comunication between the carver and the customer. At least my experience with mark has been great. i usually tell him, well i want a pipe like this... give him my idea.... he asks me details of how i will like things, and i let him use his own taste too. Every step he takes, he asks for my opinion and gives the options. i can tell u he has come out with some outstanding, really fine pieces. if you are gonna pay 300+ dollars for a custom made pipe, u should be able to receive what you want, and be satisfied, but you have to le him know what you think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.