Cutting of the cig's, cant smoke pipe now :*(

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Linus, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linus

Linus Member

So, a few days ago i tried an e-cig and instantly thought "f**k the cig's, with this it wont even be a challenge".

With the very best intention that the e-cig were for replacing cig's and i whould continue to have myself a treat with 1 pipa a day.

The plan failed... While i still after 4 days have'nt had a cig, i have'nt managed to finish a pipe, it just does'nt taste very good :( i will keep trying every now and then, next time with something mild.

Im vapeing like crazy, and i really hope it works out and i can enjoy a pipe again, even if it's gonna turn in to a summer thing (read outdoorsthing)

2. derrickyoung

derrickyoung Member

That is sad to hear, but I will send you my address so you can pack up your cellar and most of your pipes and send them off to me knowing they will be well loved and taken care of. ;)

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Way to go , Thor ! My wife quit cigarettes on Nov. 24 th and has vaped since then . Go check out her thread cause theres probably info about a lot of ecig stuff ! Think how much better you'll feel !

Linus likes this.
  4. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Here's hoping you will have more luck soon! If not, I'm sure you could find some happy homes for your old Stanwells! ;) Rooting for YOU getting enjoy YOUR collection though!

Linus likes this.
  5. Linus

Linus Member

Thanks mate :) while i could reduce my number of pipes i could never sell off all of them, pretty much those i feel that i could'nt replace whould be cleaned and buffed and put on display, my love for a beautyful pipe will probably remain :) i gonna try some mild periqueblend next time, these days i've tried a VaPer (81/19 ratio) blend and it is sooo overwhelming and smokey that i cant take it :( used to be on my top3 list :/

Old Codger and Tony Malerich like this.
  6. Linus

Linus Member

Thank's for offering a helping hand ;) but even if i cant come to enjoy smoking them, i will not rid myself from all of them :) i belive there's about 20-25 i could'nt possibly separate from XD one never know if i might have use for them :)

I just hope i can come to enjoy a pipe every now and then again :) it's a time of relaxation :) maybe i could rebuild a pipe to a vapourizer *hahaha* With my grandmother dead from lungcancer about a year ago, and my grandfather having it it feels like a good indication to quit the cigs if i can :) if the pipesmoking goes down in the process i can deal with it, but i whould prefer to be able to puff a pipe and enjoy, just have ro learn the trick of not inhaling :) Now after 4 days i've noticed that my hands dont smell of cigs, less thirsty all the time and surfing on a wave of ego-boost :)

Old Codger likes this.
  7. upinsmoke

upinsmoke Member

If I might suggest a better method, which worked easily for me 19 years ago. No cigarettes. When you want one, light the pipe. After a while you don't even want the cigarettes. The pipe supplies enough nicotine so you don't have to go through withdrawal. This was before e-cigs and it worked. It was maybe the 4th time I quit cigs and I haven't had one since.

8. Moose

Moose Active Member

Good luck on breaking the cig habit. Maybe after a while not smoking cigarettes, the pipe will taste better.
    Either way, you will be happy you quit the cigs. (And think of all the money you will save)

Linus and Old Codger like this.
  9. Linus

Linus Member

Naa, the idea is good, but im gonna quit all indoor smoking, and i whould'nt wanna go out and try to enjoy a pipe, it's freezing (apparently a blizzard is comming in soon too :/ )

10. Linus

Linus Member

Im mostly thinking about this being slightly healyer than cigs, i use quiet a lot of e-fluid in a day and at the price of 6,50$ /10ml i might only cut the cost by 30-35% but i might try to lower the nic level and stop with this to in the future, but damn, it taste good :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.