Dan tobacco Old Ironside

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by David Emond, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Evening all,

Well im outside right now smoking some Old Ironside from Dan Tobacco in my meer. I got this from a sampler i got in the mail, thank you know who :) I was going to smoke some english chocolate but i decided to switch it up a bit.
    Here is the description from online stores=

This hardy blend celebrates the oldest battleship in the U.S. Navy, the U.S.S. Constitution. This blend is a Latakia lover s dream. A high percentage of Cyprian Latakia is complimented by Kentucky, Oriental, and Virginia tobaccos. Cake aged for twelve weeks, this flake cut blend is full and cool smoking.

To be honest im starting to like latakia blends, that bbq woodsy smell is starting to get to me and this is perfect for cold nights outside.
    This blend comes in huge broken flakes and is a bit moist so some air time is needed. The tobacco is really dark and it packs well.

You latakia lovers should try this if you have a chance.

Rodfather and Mington like this.

2. Jimmy Bukowski

Jimmy Bukowski Member

I can't find any online. I thought it was discontinued. Better check again .

3. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Yup .... it's a good one! :thu2:

David Emond likes this.
  4. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

i got it from a sample, so i didnt know if it was stoped or not sorry about that.

5. lestrout

lestrout Member

I love OI - it's been out of supply in the US for a couple of years, but I've managed a dozen tins and a lb. Every once in a while, a few tins show up at an Etailer, but they go quick.

hp
    les

David Emond likes this.
  6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I have a pound, minus David's sample.

Muhahahaha.

7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

OI is pretty hard to find right now, but if you like it, give the "Cooper" a shot from Smokingpipes/Low Country. It's really good and thick.

Albert likes this.
  8. JimInks

JimInks Active Member

I'm glad to hear this. I inherited a 9 year old tin and wondered what it was like. One of these days, though not any time soon because I have too many open tins, I'll break it open.

9. lestrout

lestrout Member

For a short while, Dan put out an OI replacement called Holly's Discovery - same format as OI but lightened with (more) Orientals. It's kind of like SOTE Flake is to the original SOTE. I actually prefer it (HD), but I do love both

hp
    les

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.