Dan tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMAsailor

Old Ironsides, Patriot flake, Limerick and HamborgerVeermaster are some of my favorites. hard to find though so I stockpile them when I see 'em and smoke them infrequently cause I don't know when I'll find it again.

nesta

Old Ironsides, Patriot flake, Limerick and HamborgerVeermaster are some of my favorites. hard to find though so I stockpile them when I see 'em and smoke them infrequently cause I don't know when I'll find it again.
A new distributor has picked them up in the US since CAO stopped doing so. They were not being imported to the USA commercially for a while, but they seem to be back for good now. At a higher than previous price.

Many times when yοu speak english in a German store they insist to answer in German or they just end the call abruptly.Some times the speak english but like a low-idle motor.In Dan there is no problem,i remember one incident: i send them an e-mail and after 2 days i make a call to ask some details,by surprise they immediately remember the email and my name.I stayed speechless,so many emails so many calls and orders from all over the world how they could remember me? The same happened with an American store the Boswell,it was his son,again the same surprise!
Yes there are not hundreds of Greek customers to these stores but i call this "professionalism" by Dan and Boswell.I am a happy pipe-smoker with stores like these. :sh:

SalopSt

On a whim I bought 100g of "the Raven" from Dan, and I must say that it is a lovely, light latakia/virginia mix. If it were not for the fact that it tends to burn my tongue in certain pipes I would be smoking it waaay more than I have. Not too strong, the Va sweetens things up nicely, and I swear I can taste some nutty burley. It is a long shredded cut, and once lit it stays lit. It is moist from the tin, so unless I dry it a little first it only goes into straight pipes where I can mop the juice from bowl's bottom as I smoke.

In fact this thread has just reminded me to submit it as a blend at tobaccoreviews.com As of today it is still not listed there. I'll post a more detailed review there once the system has accepted the submission. That in itself is a little scary as I'm a pipe newbie and there're no other reviews for me to compare. YIKES!

For the record, "Raven" is one of two can't-get-too-easily-in-the-US tobaccos I will be bringing back Stateside after my summer sojourn in England. The other is a Dan tobacco, too: Old Ironsides.

If someone of his tobacco have production problems,discontinued,out of stock etc Dan can recommend-send sample one of his blends that is similar.I have not so much experience in tobaccos to say if it is a World great blender but i think this kind of attitude helps the customer.

Raffxr7

my B&M has a tub of blue note-but I don't know if it's Dan's or Altadis's blend. It's a tasty blend, so I am guessing it's Dan's. I've got two favorites: blue note & Lane Limited's rum & maple. Fortunately they don't ghost each other in a bad way.

Status
Not open for further replies.