Dan's Blue Note

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by AkBuba, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AkBuba

AkBuba Member

One of the many nice recommendations from y'all for me, as a noobie, was Dan's Blue Note. I finally got to it this morning...

NICE! It is very mellow, yet, I could taste something that reminds me of molasses or brown sugar, something like that.
    I was smoking it in what i THINK is an apple bowl. Lighting and keeping it going for the first half of a bowl was easy. However, I started having trouble in the bottom half of the bowl... i didn't finish the bowl as I was smoking it on the way to work and had to let it go out when i got here.

I'm not sure what "bite" really is... I do still tend to smoke too fast, so I THINK i might have experienced it before, but not on this bowl.

Is this one that I should typically let set out and dry for a while? Our relative humidity here runs < 30% (wreaks havoc on my guitars), so if necessary, i would think i could dry it out some relatively quickly.

Thanks for this suggestion!
    Currently my favorites are Blue Note and a Cherry/Vanilla blend of unknown parentage. :)

David Emond likes this.

2. Capt

Capt Active Member

Blue Note is usually ready to smoke out of the tin. I don't think I have ever had to dry it out. However, BN does give me tongue bite, no matter if it i dry or not.

Good stuff!!!

David Emond likes this.
  3. Fbones24

Fbones24 Member

Blue Note was one of the first tobaccos that I actually liked. I have only been smoking for around one year, but Blue Note was the first tobacco I actually enjoyed. I have none on hand, but may be picking up another tin in the near future.

David Emond likes this.
  4. Klauswermann

Klauswermann Member

I love bluenote but it does bite from time to time!

David Emond and Capt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.