Dans Sweet Vanilla Honetdew

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ruffinogold, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Brad and I made a killer trade recently and I scored a tin of Dans Vanilla Honeydew . The tin aroma is honeydew ... how cool . Rubbed out with a few flakes . Smokes cool . Room note is a trip . I havent smoke the whole tin yet [ 3 bowls ] however I havent tasted the vanilla . It's a quality aromatic no doubt . The funny thing is the word Vanilla is in big letters on the tin though all I'm getting is honeydew ..lol.. I'm enjoying it . It's sweet but not over the top by any means . It's an enjoyable change of pace for me and it tastes alot better than Erinmore pineapple . Just sayin . Brad is getting his masters so he's alot smarter than most of us and a hell of a guy to trade with :thumb:

2. erickghint

erickghint Member

That he is. Communication is top notch with him, man. Even with him going out of town, everything went smooth as silk on our trade.

Back to the topic, though. SVH, to me, smells a little like freshly iced cinnamon buns in the tin. Dunno why it does. Maybe my olfactory system is completely out of whack... Great toby, though. A little on the sweet side to my tastes, but really mellow and doesn't bite at all.

3. woody

woody Admin Admin

+1 for Dans Vanilla Honeydew

4. adryazad

adryazad Member

I bought a tin of this based on Ericknight's @ william's reccomendation. Previously i tried the Blue Note and loved every single moment of it.

I too detect some sorta cinnamon aroma from the tin. but whats weird is, opon lighting i get a blunt taste, and only after a good 7-10 minutes i start to get the flavour of this tobacco.

5. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

I agree with Erickghint on the smell, i got a bit off a trade with him and i liked it very much, when my next TAD order comes up i will have to toss a tin of it on there, that and Blue Note which is becoming one of my favorite aro's.

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Do you guys not smell or taste the honey dew ? I really do and I'm just supprised that cinnamon came into the chat . Honeydew is a unique thing to be in pipe tobacco but I thought they got it in this blend . The strange thing is I dont get any vanilla . could be just me ...I'm only a few bowls in

7. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Oh I do taste and smell the honeydew, but at first when i got it I smelled something like a breakfast sweet thing or something, but all in all it is a good smoke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.